i need a webcam driver for toshiba satellite computer modle number PSAFOU-01Q009

chloebro

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
i bought this computer used from a friend. i think it was originally a windows vista and updated to windows 7. i think when they updated it, that the driver was lost. the camera works though skype but not through manycam. toshiba customer support said i needed a driver, but was going to charge me to install it themselves. i downloaded the "driver installer" from their site and it didnt eve show the webcam driver. im about to pull my hair out! please help me find one!!

tiiagoFernandez

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

From what i read it only works on Vista.. You can try an compatibility mode installation like i did on mine with this:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/driversResults?freeText=1702252

chloebro

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

the only thing there is a chicony USB 2.0 webcam but i dont think thats it because my webcam is integrated.. it doesnt have any of those id's in properties. it says "manufacturer: unavailable
model: chicony usb 2.0 camera
categories: webcam
description: unavailable"

chloebro

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

ive tried that before and didnt find anything. someone on yahoo answers said i could download a driver from any webcam manufacturer, that they're pretty much all the same. is that true?

tiiagoFernandez

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013
They are not always the same, but yes that camera is a Chicony.
The only issue is that Chicony has software, but i didnt find any Chicony drivers.. Maybe the drivers are embbeded in the software.

You can try generic camera drivers too, but if your cam was generic windows 7 would find the drivers automatically..
The only way i got mine working was with a Vista package installed in compatibility mode.

chloebro

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

i finally got a hold of the girl i bought it from and she says it was always windows 7 and that the camera has always worked, idk why it stopped. i downloaded the chicony software and it keeps saying to restart my camera or computer. ive done my computer but dont know what it means by restarting the camera?
can you elaborate on "Vista package installed in compatibility model?"

chloebro

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

oh my gosh ive installed some updated software and got the webcam to show up for like 2 seconds, its real fuzzy and has lines through it UNTIL IT GOES BLACK AGAIN!!! ugh im so frustrated

tiiagoFernandez

Honorable
Oct 11, 2013

It always worked with her maybe because you have installed a different version of Windows than before, for example, Windows 32bits can support hardware that Windows 64bits cant and vice versa.

For the package what i meant is to install the Vista drivers, but execute the files in compatibility mode. Another thing you can do is to extract the setup files using 7zip or WinRar, and try to locate and install the driver files manually (usually .inf files).

After the extraction go to device manager, locate cam, properties, update driver, and choose the path yourself to those files.

Try and use the cam without software, on any website like chatroulette or something like that to see if Browser detects camera.