i need a wiring diagram for a MSI(microstar) MS 70-71 pm8m2v motherboard ?

Mike Collins

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013
like an idiot i unplugged the wiring which runs from the face of my tower to the motherboard while replacing the hard drive. the audio circuits are among the disconnected wires. each wire is marked however the motherboard is not marked and i dont want to hook anything up wrong so i have been operating without the sound but it is actually kind of lame.

Solution

You are very welcome. Come back and let me know if it worked out ok, and if it did just do me a favour and select one of these as the correct answer :) Good luck!

Mike Collins

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

for some reason they are not working assuming you are referring to the connectors on the back of the tower? the odd part about that is the Monitor the USB ports and the Ethernet all still work ? i just assumed since i unplugged the headphone jack and microphone from the motherboard that i disabled the audio circuitry ?

That is quite odd. The answer to your question there is no, by disconnecting the front audio you did not disable the rear audio jacks and I have no idea why they would not work if everything else is, unless the onboard audio has been disabled in the BIOS.

As for the PDF, was it the right one?

Mike Collins

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

well i had to Download something to locate the manual However i dont believe it would still exist considering i changed the hard drive for more space since i had the Operating system i just did a new install of XP pro the Original Cisnet files are gone so i dont think this will work but i am going to check it out right now thank you for trying to Help i truly appreciate it.

You are very welcome. Come back and let me know if it worked out ok, and if it did just do me a favour and select one of these as the correct answer :) Good luck!

Solution

Mike Collins

Honorable
Oct 1, 2013

the program is still scanning i guess ? I think i have to restart my system to get into the Bios but i think i am going to check and make certain on-board audio is enabled first before going any further. i dont think that program is working properly its just spinning and spinning ? again thank you very much.