I need advice, just got screwed over by XFX/ATI

jjungstar

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
I recently RMA'd my XFX Radeon HD 4890 due to a faulty fan and they sent me a new ATI Radeon HD 4860.

This is a major downgrade from what I have heard so far. I also paid $8 in shipping costs.

What would you do in my current position?

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
Contact them super pissed, ask for a supervisor, don't even give the rep you get a chance. If they don't have a call center, try one email and ask for a contact number from them explaining what they did. If again they do nothing, tell them your going to the BBB, Beter Business Burial and follow though with doing it. Good luck, I would really tear them a new one.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

your graphics card should be repaird or replaced by XFX,not downgraded with a different model..i would be dissapionted with that service

jjungstar

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
Thanks for the feedback yall. Their offices are not open on the weekends so I'd have to wait until Monday through Friday to make a call. I don't want to send them an email or online support ticket, I want to make it personal :).

I'm probably going to to talk to them in an passive aggressive tone and hopefully they'll replace it with a Radeon HD 5850 or better. As of now, I'm really disappointed in their services.

The Halo Don

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

This.

You definitely want to take it up with them, but believe me, you will get a lot farther by being professional. Ranting and raving and acting like you are really pissed only makes you look like an uneducated buffoon, and really does nothing to help your cause.
Be polite, be calm, and remain firm when you speak to them. XFX is a good company, I am sure when you explain the mix-up, they will take care of it right away.

I also agree, don't rant and rave, be polite and they'll want to help you, but if they don't help, let them know you are disappointed, but again, do so in a calm manner. I've always had good support when sounding educated and polite. Sometimes they don't always jump to the solution I want, but you can often nudge them to do what you wish to happen, as long as it's reasonable.

4745454b

Titan

Sorry that was a bad link.

They were available in canada via newegg as a desktop part I'll dig again.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102866&Tpk=4860