I Need Advice On New Gaming PC I Built

jessesinthestars

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
I built this pc for the main purpose of playing the Dolphin Emulator on max settings. It is an intensive CPU program as most of you may know.

I'm curious on whether or not for the money i shoved out to buy all these separate pieces if I could have bought something else for around the same price, but with better performance. This is my second custom build, so I'm still new at it.

CPU - Intel I5 4670k - currently clocked to 4.0 ghz "no real need to go higher"

GPU - PowerColor PCS+ R9 270X 2GB GDDR5

Ram - 16gb of 1600hz corsair vengance. Mobo will allow 32gb.

CPU Cooler - CORSAIR Hydro Series H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.

Power Supply - Quiet 800 Watt Power Supply SLI PCI-E for Intel AMD PC ATX Silent Large Fan

Motherboard - ASRock Z87 Extreme3 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Case - RAIDMAX Cobra ATX-502WBG Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Hard Drive - 650 gb -

Operating System - Windows 8

Any advice?

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
As long as your rig does what you wanted it to do, you are fine. You can play the 'what if' game till you turn florescent orange. You can build dozens of rigs with the same or less money that will work similarly or even better given some situations. It doesn't matter. I've built $300 gaming rigs and multi-thousand dollar power rigs. It's all the same, just to what level.

If it works, enjoy it. If it's missing on some area, it can be fixed. If it's overkill, honestly so what. It's done, enjoy. Don't worry about 'what if'.