I need advice. Software on BenQ XL2430T vs Asus VG248QE.

element72

Reputable
Sep 28, 2015
I need advice on whether I should buy myself a BenQ XL2430T. I am an FPS gamer and particularly interested in blur reduction and auto-brightness towards in-game dark spots. I personally own the VG248QE, but I have never tried the XL2430T. I didn't know about the black equalizer 2.0 and blur reduction 2.0 that the XL2430T had.

My questions are as follows:

1) How well do these monitors compare in reducing blur?
2) Is the XL2430T better at brightening dark spots in-game?

A few months ago I paid about $214 for the Asus monitor during a Newegg deal. I'm surprised the price is still high. I cannot find their software comparison on the internet. I am leaning towards paying the premium, if the software is really that superior on the XL2430T. I really care about brightening in-game dark spots. Maybe I need to try manually configuring monitor settings on my Asus.

Solution
Color saturation/Vibrance is enough in your NVIDIA or AMD control panel. Basically with either of those two panels, because they are TN, there is no need for such fancy technology. It's just a way for them to include a profile, which you can already manually enable yourself, TN is TN, firmware is mostly irrelevant as monitors are plug and play. Black is grey on TN. They both are going to have the same amount of blur, if you manage to push 144 FPS. 1/144 = 0.0069. The most popular one right now is the VG248QE and the XL2411Z.
Color saturation/Vibrance is enough in your NVIDIA or AMD control panel. Basically with either of those two panels, because they are TN, there is no need for such fancy technology. It's just a way for them to include a profile, which you can already manually enable yourself, TN is TN, firmware is mostly irrelevant as monitors are plug and play. Black is grey on TN. They both are going to have the same amount of blur, if you manage to push 144 FPS. 1/144 = 0.0069. The most popular one right now is the VG248QE and the XL2411Z.

Solution