Question I need advice

crazycorpse

Honorable
Jul 28, 2015
so im using AORUS Radeon™ RX 6900 XT MASTER 16G oc 2650mhz and its working fine temps ar fine at lode junktion temp is 80c 90 max
i was using 144hz mmonitor
i replaced whit 240hz monitor and temops whent little higher ofc 95c or litle more
so i was wondering is ther maybe some water block ? or maybe som ajustment to my setings to lower temps or it is not that big of a deal ?
BkA50DY.png

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can certainly try undervolting the GPU to see if that helps, but better airflow is likely needed. Or just undo your overclock.

There should be water blocks available for it if you want to go that route, cost you a few hundred dollars to get it all set up. Up to you if that is worth the small performance improvement and lower temperature/noise (when done properly)

I have a mix of old and new water cooling parts in my system, $200 for an EK block, a new pump/res/rad (d5/280mm) for another $200, my old CPU block, a new, but older 280mm radiator that was around $60, my old fittings probably around $100, and the same spool of tubing I have used for the last several years, probably $20 worth. So something like $500.

Recent setups I have helped go through for others have ranged from $650 to $750 when starting from scratch.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
aio fans ar original fans
Ok. I see 2 things, and they're probably acting as a combo.
1)Corsair QLs are showcase fans. They gave up even more performance over the other Corsair LED fans to get that unique, double-sided look.
So when you need that extra 'oomph' for when the power use goes up(more power = more heat)... it ain't there, chief.

2)If Hardware Unboxed's reviews of the 3080 Aorus Xtreme and 3090 Aorus Xtreme are anything to go on - very similar cooler, at least externally - the needlessly chunky shroud traps heat, causing it to take longer to get out.

Last edited: