I need an opinion on which components would improve my gaming more.

IAmNick1337

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
My current PC has an AMD Motherboard (not sure of the exact model) With..
120 GB Samsung SSD (840?)
1 tb hdd (sort of irrealavent for i run the games i normally play from my SSD)
GeForce GTX 650
AMD FX-4100
8 GB DDR3 RAM

My question is whether or not it would be a more cost efficient to buy a new Intel motherboard that supports SATA III and has more space for RAM, with an Intel i5-4690 (for about a total of $290), Or would it be more effective on my gaming performance to buy a geforce GTX 750 ti which has 2GB of graphic memory and use it along side my GeForce GTX 650. The problems i have been experiencing in games are with games that render a lot of objects at one time (ArmA III).

I am trying to be cost effective in my upgrades, so any feedback would be appreciated. Please tell me if i missed any relevent information about my PC

Solution
The most cost effective would most likely be upgrade to a 6300 / 8*** series AMD Cpu then get a new graphics cards a 280x / 760 are really good options. However if you want to go the intel route it wont be the most efficient way in the short term as you'll fork out for a new mobo and cpu, more ram however useful at the moment wont be utilised in gaming however the swap to intel will be better for you in the long time as 1150 socket will support the next gen processors for intel.

Also you cant use a 650 and 750 In sli as they need to be the same series ie x2 650s, in the lower end of graphics card a more powerful single card is better than SLI / Crossfired.

Tldr; Cheapest route - get 6***/8*** CPU and a 760 selling your 650 gpu...

stokieben

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
The most cost effective would most likely be upgrade to a 6300 / 8*** series AMD Cpu then get a new graphics cards a 280x / 760 are really good options. However if you want to go the intel route it wont be the most efficient way in the short term as you'll fork out for a new mobo and cpu, more ram however useful at the moment wont be utilised in gaming however the swap to intel will be better for you in the long time as 1150 socket will support the next gen processors for intel.

Also you cant use a 650 and 750 In sli as they need to be the same series ie x2 650s, in the lower end of graphics card a more powerful single card is better than SLI / Crossfired.

Tldr; Cheapest route - get 6***/8*** CPU and a 760 selling your 650 gpu
; Long Term - Swap To Intel but see little performance gains in gaming compared to upgrading to a higher end GPU.

Solution

IAmNick1337

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014

My most likely option right now is upgrading to intel, keeping the gtx 650 for another few months until i come across spending money, then selling the 650 and buy either a gtx 750ti or a gtx 760