I need answer about TES V SKYRIM

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Can I play Skyrim on 1280x1024 resolution and MAX settings with this PC: CPU AMD Athlon II X4 630, 4GB DDR2 800MHz, ATI Radeon 4850 PowerColor 1GB, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. Please if you know tell me...

Considering the Radeon HD 4850 does not support DX11, you will be playing Skyrim in DX9 mode. I don't think Bethesda bothered to include DX10 support since it has been superseded by DX11.

Skyrim uses the Creation Engine that Bethesda has created specifically for the game so it is unknown how well it runs. Since this game is being developed for consoles as well, you will most likely be able get good performance with at least HIGH settings on your resolution.

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
thanks :) but if you come to more information about Skyrim system requirments tell me... Infact anybody who come to more information about TES V Skyrim pls tell me :) Because I am one of the GREAT FANS of this game.

great fan? its not even out yet...
as an oblivion fan i can see that your excited as any 1 who has played eldar scrolls 4 will have high hopes. but be thankful you wont need high spec as some1 has already said it will be dx9 complaint.
there is no word whether there will be dx11 support. but going by the demo's released so far it will have it too.

Mozart25

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
The game isn't out yet, so apart from looking into my crystal ball...

That said, you are gaming on an older system and it is not common to be able to play a new game at max settings on an older rig, unless it was a top-of-the-line build. And I don't see dual 4870 X2s in your machine.

If I were you I'd be putting money away for a CPU and GPU upgrade.

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Give me some reason to upgrade my machine. All games I play on max,on resolution 1280x1024 because I have 19" inch Monitor. I know, this PC can run Skyrim good, but I want to know can I play Skyrim on max out with 1280x1024. I read somewere that minimum system requirments are:
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or
AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
HDD: 12GB
RAM 2GB
VGA Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT or
ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
DirectX 9.0
Windows® Vista / XP / 7
By this, I think I can play Skyrim on max. But official requirments are unknow, they say. And Skyrim will have the best graphic seen in the RPG game, I am sure.

Mozart25

Distinguished
May 9, 2011

Why? That's not our job here.

Brother, it AIN'T out yet. No one can tell you that. It's best that you wait for the game to be released, read the reviews, talk to people (here) that have played it, and gauge from there.

Those are very specific benchmarks Where did you read them?

Either way, if as you claim it is the most demanding RPG in terms of graphics (more than The Witcher 2), you are going to want a much more capable machine.

Start saving now, let prices go down and performance go up, and buy after the game is released.

skymen

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2011
Witcher 2 is on max settings,and I think that Skyrim will be just as demanding. These requirments I have read on Skyrim portal but I dont know are they true.I can not wait Skyrim just like millions of others.
I bought this pc recently so you do not like to change it when all the games work great and so is hope for Skyrim.