Question I need Asrock sata3 port explanation

Feb 23, 2019
There is sata3_1, sata3_2, sata3_3, sata3_4, sata3_A1, and sata3_A2. Sata3_1 and sata3_2 are located at the middle right side near memory slot, rest is at bottom right side.
I put my OS to sata3_3 constant lag and freeze, changed to sata3_1 problem solved. Put my games ssd to sata3_2, got fps drop, changed it to sata3_A1, get better fps for games. My hdd for pics, vids, and stuff was placed to sata3_A2, and now it is sata3_3, i dont notice differences since its basically videos, photos, and files.
What i want to know, what are the purpose for each port, so that I can utilize it to the fullest. Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
You're going to have to provide much more information than that.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mention the version for your OS if Windows 10. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. We can answer your questions, to a degree, after we learn what the model for your ASRock motherboard is.

Feb 23, 2019
You're going to have to provide much more information than that.

List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mention the version for your OS if Windows 10. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. We can answer your questions, to a degree, after we learn what the model for your ASRock motherboard is.
Cpu: ryzen 5 1500x
Mobo: asrocj ab350 pro4
Ram: vgen tsunami 16gb
Ssd: samsung 860 evo for OS, crucial bx500 for games
Hdd: seagate firecuda
Gpu: palit 1060 6gb
Psu: seasonic s12ii 650w

Checked the manual, doesnt say what sata3_a1 & a2 is for, and merely wrote sata3_1-4 is used for faster boot without further explanation but as what I said the OS drive moved from sata3_3 to sata3_1 and makes different and fixed the problem, swapped position on my ssd for games too but dunno if thats the best place to put it.

Asked asrock direcrly, no info as well

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY