Question I need big help to install ivy cpu into sandy baseboard, (can not update bios)

Nov 21, 2020
Hello, I have a motherboard from an asus desktop which I used for my own builded pc (https://www.asus.com/supportonly/V6-P8H61ELX/HelpDesk_BIOS/) , I need to update the bios for my new cpu since the current version doesn't work, i can not install the 3510 version which is the only one, there are no mistakes with my usb, when i run the new bios on ez flash it says image integrity check failed. Could someone help me? My current cpu is i3 2100 and i wanna install an i5 3570, redacted

What Asus says, can not contact them on weekend. And i can refund cpu today as last day, I would like to fix it tho.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Barebone/V6-P8H61ELX/V6-P8H61ELX-ME7-to-ME8-BIOS-Update.pdf

I am running windows 10 when this baseboard originally came with windows 7, x64 and x32

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I contacted asus argentina with vpn and they said that without serial number they cant help me, (I cant get ti cuz there is no label with it on the baseboard and i dotn have the box of the desktop) They told me to install windows 7 and try the upgrade of bios but i dont think it will work xD, im downloading windows 7 iso to try it anyways, but does anyone know extra alternatives?

Windows has nothing to do with BIOS compatibility. It's a separate thing.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on at the moment? To note, your platform does not have official support for Windows 10, which leads me to ask if you've contacted ASUS CSC or your vendor for “BIOS UPDATE TOOL SET”. Thank you very much for your understanding! per the instructions laid out in the above PDF?

Nov 21, 2020
They are offline on weekend sadly and i can only return cpu today.

My actual bios version is this one: American Megatrends Inc. 0109, 8/5/11

When i go to ez flash to upgrade into 3510, it says image integrity check failed.

Last edited:
If I reinstall windows 7, should it let me upgrade to 3510 BIOS version? And if it lets me can I put it back to windows 10 after BIOS upgrade?

https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/carte-mere/message-erreur-integrity-sujet_1029831_1.htm

Good evening everyone,

I don't know if you are still following the subject, but Asus support has been sure, after a long time, to provide me with this "upgrade kit".
It is simply an ISO file to be burnered on a CD or a USB key (I used RUFUS on a USB key), which will make your device bootable.
When starting on this bootable device, a somewhat special flash utility will launch, and once everything is finished, bim, my motherboard is in version 3510, and now supports 3rd generation processors and is completely unlocked (possibility of 'overclocks, much higher supported RAM frequency, etc.)

In the end it took its time, but Asus support was able to help me with the problem, with big clues from me and

I hope this will help you.

Translate this to english. You'll need their toolkit to upgrade to the newer BIOS, otherwise you won't be able to.
They do not provide the toolkit on their website so contacting them is the only way.

Nov 21, 2020
https://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Hardware/carte-mere/message-erreur-integrity-sujet_1029831_1.htm

Translate this to english. You'll need their toolkit to upgrade to the newer BIOS, otherwise you won't be able to.
They do not provide the toolkit on their website so contacting them is the only way.

I contacted asus argentina with vpn and they said that without serial number they cant help me, (I cant get ti cuz there is no label with it on the baseboard and i dotn have the box of the desktop) They told me to install windows 7 and try the upgrade of bios but i dont think it will work xD, im downloading windows 7 iso to try it anyways, but does anyone know extra alternatives?

Windows has nothing to do with BIOS compatibility. It's a separate thing.

Solution
Nov 21, 2020