I need drivers!

TheGamerHorse

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
for a laptop i just installed windows 7 on Acer aspire V5-531 model number Ms2361 Thanks.
i have no clue where to get these drivers so if anyone could help that would be very appreciated.

Solution
Gor to Acer's web site and download them for that laptop from there. Usually under support and downloads. You will have to enter your model number to get the correct ones.

theyeti87

Honorable
Typically, Windows Update will get you the drivers you need, assuming the driver for your Network Interface Card is installed and operating. I'm going to assume for the sake of this post that your NIC is functioning. This should be your starting point for ensuring up-to-date drivers.

From the Windows Start button, right click Computer > Properties > *top left corner* Device Manager.

This is a master list of your hardware setup. Notice the Icons for each entry. If there are problems with any of your hardwares' drivers, the icon you should see is yellow with an exclamation point. You can right click any of the individual pieces of hardware within Device Manager. The first option you will see is Update Driver Software. If you see the exclamation point icon, this means you should update, as the device is not functioning.

Can you specify which drivers are missing?

TheGamerHorse

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

I just installed the WLAN driver but when i try to install the VGA driver it says this computer does not have the right essential something