[SOLVED] I need help asap with gtx 650

Jul 16, 2020
I saw this amazing deal for an optiplex 380, I have a gtx 650 1 gb gddr5 coming in the mail, and i was wondering whether or not I could put the 650 in the 380, otherwise it would be useless. Please let me know if I should buy this, i gave a small budget and this was the best deal by far. Attached is the image that looks like its in the 700's. Please let me know soon
Screenshots_2020-07-16-22-35-38.png

Solution
Again, it looks to be a proprietary motherboard and cannot be moved to a new case. If you're dead set on getting a used computer, look for one in a Mid-Tower case. This removes the need to move it to a new case and often comes with a more standard motherboard and power supply. It'd be much easier (though not always possible) to add a graphics card.

Sorry. Wrong response. Thinking of another thread.

But it is the same situation. Unless the GTX 650 you're getting is a low-profile card, it won't physically fit within the small form factor cases of these old Dell computers. Look into getting a Mini-Tower form fact system.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Attached is the image that looks like its in the 700's.

I don't understand what you mean by this comment.

This is an ancient computer and unless you're getting it for free or just need a VERY BASIC computer for checking e-mail, this should be avoided. It's a small form-factor PC which means you can only install low-profile expansion cards into it. If the GTX 650 you're looking at isn't a low profile graphics card, it won't fit within the case. Also, being a small form-factor PC, it has a relatively low-powered (235 watt) power supply. NVidia recommends at least a 350 watt unit to run the GTX 650.

Wolf sends

Jul 16, 2020
I don't understand what you mean by this comment.

This is an ancient computer and unless you're getting it for free or just need a VERY BASIC computer for checking e-mail, this should be avoided. It's a small form-factor PC which means you can only install low-profile expansion cards into it. If the GTX 650 you're looking at isn't a low profile graphics card, it won't fit within the case. Also, being a small form-factor PC, it has a relatively low-powered (235 watt) power supply. NVidia recommends at least a 350 watt unit to run the GTX 650.

Wolf sends

What if I got a 3020 instead?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Again, it looks to be a proprietary motherboard and cannot be moved to a new case. If you're dead set on getting a used computer, look for one in a Mid-Tower case. This removes the need to move it to a new case and often comes with a more standard motherboard and power supply. It'd be much easier (though not always possible) to add a graphics card.

Sorry. Wrong response. Thinking of another thread.

But it is the same situation. Unless the GTX 650 you're getting is a low-profile card, it won't physically fit within the small form factor cases of these old Dell computers. Look into getting a Mini-Tower form fact system.

-Wolf sends

Last edited:
Solution