Question I need help asap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaionyap

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
Hi i have a major problem with my pc. The problem is that my windows 10 gets always corrupted every time i restart after a complete installation, but before things... my os seems to kinda go sluggish then some icons like the settings icon in the start menu never responds and just by clicking and nothing will happen. I cant open my photos cause the microsoft photos app seems to get a file error.
So i concluded that i have a ram problem. So i swaped my 4gb ddr3 ram for a new one and going back to installation of os seems pretty fine but things happen when i restart and i get into a loop of repairing windows.
Ive tried a couple of blue screens when i tried to install games and ive noticed that if i go beyond 4gb of ram usage a BSOD will kick in and mess things even more. My hdd for os seems pretty fine amd healthy without any errors. I really dont know how i can tell if one of my ram has a problem cause i leave my pc doing memory diagnostic til i get home and yet idk what are the results after the test. Im still purchasing a new ram cause i think all of my ram are broken or not
I dont think power surges may have cause the problems for the ram cause my avr is capable of blocking the surges from our mains in the house
I also think that my mobo ram slot is broken, what do u think?
Is there a program where you can test your ram without using memory diag?
Please i really need help with this... Im going crazy with what should i fix cause its not easy to buy parts for a simple pc and its not even cheap to buy parts. Thanks in advanced!

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The memory diagnostic tests will be in the Event Viewer.
Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System
Then you should be able to filter on the right by memory results.

MEMTEST is a better alternative that boots of a USB.
How have you tested the storage drive?
Have you tried a different storage drive?
Have you tried the RAM in each slot?
What BSOD do you encounter?

kaionyap

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
The memory diagnostic tests will be in the Event Viewer.
Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System
Then you should be able to filter on the right by memory results.

MEMTEST is a better alternative that boots of a USB.
How have you tested the storage drive?
Have you tried a different storage drive?
Have you tried the RAM in each slot?
What BSOD do you encounter?
Ive tried doing a one by one memory diagnostic test and each of the slots per memory which took some time. Mem diag in event viewer reported no errors on all rams either in each slot. My guess is that i have to check the disk to see of there is a problem
Ill try memtest
Usually i encounter a bsod error that has a loading percentage or a sad face saying your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. I dont know much of the other words there

kaionyap

Honorable
Oct 31, 2014
I think ive found the problem. After installing windows 10, ive immediately update it to the latest version of windows 10 and everything now is working fine without any problems
Btw, im just running on a crack edition of windows 10 pro 64bit 1809 and going to update soon, just eaiting for a stable version of 1903... i have it on a flashdrive iso file offline update downloaded from microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.