Question I need help before computer freezes and crashes again ?

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016
From event viewer.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffff8c81e3e50010, 0xfffff800840a1218, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c92c8fdf-fc07-4c4f-bc27-34c22428a21e.

EDI: Also, when i tried connecitng the coputer monitor to the GTX 1080 it said "no input signal". I tried multiple different cords. I also tried multiple different ports. Using both the vga port (with HDMI adapter), and 2 different HDMI cables and 1 HDMI to DV-D adapter cord. All did NOT work. Then i went to sleep approximately 11pm-12am. Then iwoke up at 4am-4:30am an the computer monitor was suddenyl receiving a video signal from the graphics card I have no clue why it suddenly started working when i was asleep. Also, when NO cord is plugged into the monitor going into the GPU, the computer monitor says "check cable connection". Therefore, it can be reasoned that the cables ARE being detected, yet eithre nosignal is being sent, or the signal IS being sent, and is NOT being received.

Yet, my computer monitor suddenly froze and i saw a blue screen with words saying the computer suffered an error and was collecting information and restarting. The computer successfuly restarted and the video signal was still being sent and received, yet after logging in, the computer, AGAIN, not long after logging in, suffered the same problem. I clicked the GPU button/thing down and then pushed the GPU into the motherboard socket to attempt to reseat it. I currently do NOT have a screw driver available to unscrew the GPU from the computer case. Therefore, it is NOT currently posible to completely remove the GPU from the motherboard and fully reseat the computer.

SIDE NOTE - The same sort of error has occured before when i accidentally hit my leg into the computer. I thought this was due to the motherboard moving due to being a bit loose and hitting/coming into contact with the computer case. However, it is now more probable that the GPU was knocked out of alignment of the motherboard socket causing the error. I cannot be certain though. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited:

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016
If you suspect mis-alignment of components. Take it apart and re-build it.

You would be surprised how many errors can be solved by simply removing a GPU and re-inserting it. Sag over time and heat cycles will slowly make a GPU wander around in its socket.

Lol. I actually do NOT have a screw driver to unscrew the gpu from the back panel of the computer case (not sure what the exact name of the part is). Also, i pressed the button/switch black looking thing to "unstea" the GPU and then pressed the GPU back into place. Then the computer worked again. Lol. Thanks for the advice. Though i already tried and succeeded in fixing it, by "technically re-installing, without removing it. :D

Lol. I actually do NOT have a screw driver to unscrew the gpu from the back panel of the computer case (not sure what the exact name of the part is). Also, i pressed the button/switch black looking thing to "unstea" the GPU and then pressed the GPU back into place. Then the computer worked again. Lol. Thanks for the advice. Though i already tried and succeeded in fixing it, by "technically re-installing, without removing it. :D

If you have the video card actually screwed into the case properly, pulling out the back to unlock it is a bad idea. Its like a 5 minute stop at a store to get a screwdriver, I can't think of a household that does not have one handy, especially with a computer.

That_Tech_Guy_Again

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2016
If you have the video card actually screwed into the case properly, pulling out the back to unlock it is a bad idea. Its like a 5 minute stop at a store to get a screwdriver, I can't think of a household that does not have one handy, especially with a computer.

""a household "" ?? Seriously? You presume that everyone lives in some rich country like America or something? Or that everyone is rich and immediately has money on-hand to be able to make an immeidate purchase? Also, i live by myself, in a palce that i rent. Therefore the term ""household"" is not quite an acurate descriptor.

Also, i never actually ""pulled"" at the graphics card from the back. All i did was press down on the black thing to ""unseat"" the graphics card slightly, (which pushed the graphics card back slightly), then i pressed the graphics card into the x16 PCIE slot to ""re-seat"" the graphics card.

""a household "" ?? Seriously? You presume that everyone lives in some rich country like America or something? Or that everyone is rich and immediately has money on-hand to be able to make an immeidate purchase? Also, i live by myself, in a palce that i rent. Therefore the term ""household"" is not quite an acurate descriptor.

Also, i never actually ""pulled"" at the graphics card from the back. All i did was press down on the black thing to ""unseat"" the graphics card slightly, (which pushed the graphics card back slightly), then i pressed the graphics card into the x16 PCIE slot to ""re-seat"" the graphics card.

You have a 1080 card, which is not cheap, if someone can buy a video card and a full computer to go along with it, a screwdriver is nothing compared to that expense. You don't need to be rich to buy a screwdriver. If you are by yourself, you are the household, it's possible to have a household of one.

If you pushed on the release lever, it pushes up the end of the video card which is the exact same result as "pulling". Either way it's all just precautions for you not to damage your equipment, not sure why you feel upset about it, just a warning so you don't try to do something that kills your system. Get the right tools, do the work properly, safer that way.