[SOLVED] I need help building a budget beast gaming pc.

Nov 1, 2018
So i have chosen my CPU and GPU as my most important and expensive components with a budget around 600-700 dollars here's my list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fBLgKB
I am aware i need a different pc case so if you can help me out with that, that'd be great.

Basically just help me out with making a nice blue gaming rig without changing my gpu and cpu, and staying in the 600-700 dollar range

please help me and thank you if you do!

PS: I have never built a computer before.

Solution
Yes that board because it has 4 slots this way you can do 4gbx2 in dual channel now and have room to add later on.. do not buy 1x8gb you want the ram to look like this where it says it's sold as 2x4gb or 2x8gb whatever based on how much you are buying. This will perform much better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/m8Jkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c16d8gvrb

This memory is only am example to show you what dual channel 2x4gb looks like.

That case might not fit the cpu cooler. I have a pretty big case with tempered glass panel over the side and a similar size cooler and it comes right up to it. It almost touches, just barely missed within an inch

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
As usual, focusing on a color is going to raise the price significantly. You also have several very low end hardware choices in terms of power supply, drive, etc. So this is going to be a little higher priced.

If you want to lower the cost, you can drop down a notch on the CPU, or go with a black motherboard.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool - GAMMAXX 400 74.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($23.79 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI - B450M MORTAR TITANIUM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($97.97 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($87.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($54.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: DIYPC - J180-W ATX Mid Tower Case ($41.79 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($56.32 @ Newegg)
Other: Sapphire Radeon NITRO+ RX 580 8GB GDDR5 DUAL HDMI / DVI-D / DUAL DP w/ backplate SPECIAL EDITION (UEFI) PCI-E Graphic Cards 11265-21-20G ($274.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $797.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-01 10:51 EDT-0400

Nov 1, 2018
Okay, so here is my new list, http://a.co/ex1nLv7
I added up all of the prices and it totals to 657 dollars, I do plan on upgrading stuff like RAM and what not later on just not at the moment, for the stuff I am getting it seems like this computer is gonna be a beast.
Will this motherboard fit in the case?
I do already have a m.2 ssd as my boot drive so no need to worry about windows 10 or storage added into the price

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
If you can don't buy that motherboard or ram. Get a 4 slot board that is a better model and you can keep it forever. You want dual channel memory. If you buy that board then get 8gbx2 now or 4gbx2 on another board and you can add later if needed. You can't add on this one and doing 1 x8gb then adding later would not be good.

It won't cost any5hing to get 4gbx2 and this board cost the same, but adds VRM cooling and 4 slots for memory.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/pBWfrH/msi-b450-a-pro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-a-pro#viewImages

It wouldn't make sense to buy a 2600 with a motherboard that has 0 cooling. That cpu will auto adjust it's speed across all 6 cores based on power and temps. Better motherboard and cooling = better performance

Nov 1, 2018
so go with the MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard? and stay with the same RAM?

I still do plan on upgrading my RAM later so, how can i make the RAM thing work?
buy 1 stick of 8gb and grab another stick of it whenever i get the money to?

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
Yes that board because it has 4 slots this way you can do 4gbx2 in dual channel now and have room to add later on.. do not buy 1x8gb you want the ram to look like this where it says it's sold as 2x4gb or 2x8gb whatever based on how much you are buying. This will perform much better.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/m8Jkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c16d8gvrb

This memory is only am example to show you what dual channel 2x4gb looks like.

That case might not fit the cpu cooler. I have a pretty big case with tempered glass panel over the side and a similar size cooler and it comes right up to it. It almost touches, just barely missed within an inch

Solution

t99

Honorable
Jul 16, 2014
Is that the parts you will buy? Don't buy the single 8gb memory. You want 4gbx2 dual channel at 3k mix. Power supply looks fine, but video card in amazing is way overpriced. You can get a good 580 8gb for 250 or less.

You can get 4gbx2 in 3k mhz memory for the same price range. This makes a significant difference in performance. Not only is the speed 25% higher which matters with ryzen, it's dual channel which also matters