[SOLVED] I need help buying a streaming pc

daniel.staszak111003

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
Hey, I would like to buy (not build) a streaming pc that will be able to run the newest games while streaming. If someone could find the right pc for me I would appreciate it. My budget is £750 or something around that. Thank you.

Solution
If you had the budget, then I'd suggest getting something a little beefier. If you were prepared to build it, or as the other poster mentioned, getting a local PC store to build it, you could arguably get something a bit more powerful for the same cost.

As an example, this is something you could get, which would blow the above system away in terms of gaming/streaming:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£281.58 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£104.95 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (£104.18 @ Newegg UK)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State...
Hey there,

Something like this will get you close: https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Overwatch-Ultra-Pro-Gaming-PC

Sadly budget is on the light side for a pre-built, which means you have to make some concessions. 8gbs of ram is not ideal. The GPU in the build will not be the strongest for streaming, so you may have to dial back a few settings, to get good FPS in game, and good video output (with no dropped frames). You could add in another 8gbs of ram to make it function a little better and possibly prevent either the games you are playing from stuttering, or the video stream not being as expected.

In an ideal world, you would want a 8c/12 CPU, 16gbs of Ram, and something like a RTX2060 or RX5700 to get really good results.

daniel.staszak111003

Commendable
Jan 2, 2019
Hey there,

Something like this will get you close: https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Overwatch-Ultra-Pro-Gaming-PC

Sadly budget is on the light side for a pre-built, which means you have to make some concessions. 8gbs of ram is not ideal. The GPU in the build will not be the strongest for streaming, so you may have to dial back a few settings, to get good FPS in game, and good video output (with no dropped frames). You could add in another 8gbs of ram to make it function a little better and possibly prevent either the games you are playing from stuttering, or the video stream not being as expected.

In an ideal world, you would want a 8c/12 CPU, 16gbs of Ram, and something like a RTX2060 or RX5700 to get really good results.
Thank you for your advice. Do you think its worth getting this pc and upgrading it later on or should I buy a better one? Thank you.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Even if you were going to build this on your own:

Streaming

Playing the newest titles

"$"750

You should certainly consider likely doubling your budget if you wish to find a prebuilt that will do this in an acceptable way.

A suggestion I make in regard to this is, if you have a computer shop in your area you might follow up to see if they have a build fee, or service to do so for you and select high quality mainstream parts.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
If you had the budget, then I'd suggest getting something a little beefier. If you were prepared to build it, or as the other poster mentioned, getting a local PC store to build it, you could arguably get something a bit more powerful for the same cost.

As an example, this is something you could get, which would blow the above system away in terms of gaming/streaming:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor (£281.58 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard (£104.95 @ AWD-IT)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory (£104.18 @ Newegg UK)
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (£139.98 @ CCL Computers)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card (£369.98 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Focus G ATX Mid Tower Case (£46.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (£107.40 @ Alza)
Total: £1155.06
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-09-27 19:01 BST+0100

There are guides to help with home builds. It's not as hard as you might think. And is rewarding building your own :)

The system above, would be much faster in general terms than the one I linked, but in terms or raw power is a much better build. It would serve you well for a few years. the other one, you'd have to upgrade, and have limited options, there due to the A320 mobo in the first build.

Solution