[SOLVED] I need help, done myself a mischief.

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Hey guys n gals.
So, long story short, I had my 1800X, ram and 1060ti nicely clocked.
Upgraded to a new 3080 a coupla days ago.
Now, everything was peachy, but it did become unstable, so I (stupidly and lazily) set to boot to BIOS so I could play with the clock.
The issue is, and I hadn't paid attention, my 3080 does not display to screen.
So I'm now stuck with a computer, that boots to BIOS, that I cannot see. (black screen until windows login)
I have tried multiple restarts and attempted to "navigate" to save and exit from my BIOS menu via my memory of the layout to no avail.
I simply do not know, how.to get out of this loop, nor how to see BIOS screen now. Have tried plugging into the MoBo HDMI output, no luck. I have only HDMI outputs.

Please help me. As I'm computer illiterate. Like, pretty illiterate. And should NOT have been tinkering with clocking to begin with...

Fatal1ty X370
Ryzen 1800X (at 3.95, 1.35V)
Aorus 3080 (factory)
Trident Z 3000 (running 3066 @ 15,15,15, 35)
Win10.
Crucial M.2 512 @ 20% cap
2x WD 5200 1TB @ 50%
Antec 900 Gold PSU (5YR)

Last edited:
Solution
Updated, cheers mate.
Was all working until I stupidly asked for it to boot to BIOS thru UEFI instead of being patient and hitting delete.
Might try pulling the bios battery and let it reset the BIOS, only thing to lose is the clocking, correct?
Reset CMOS...look in the motherbord manual. You can pull the battery but short the reset pins too.

You'll lose all custom settings, including the clocking. But the default settings will start the computer and leave it operating stable if everything's installed correctly and not damaged.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Disk drives: Make, model, capacity, how full?

Try going back to a default configuration.

Pull the CMOS battery.

FYI:

https://www.howtogeek.com/131623/how-to-clear-your-computers-cmos-to-reset-bios-settings/

However, go online and find the applicable User Guide/Manual for your system's motherboard.

Hopefully that document will help you clear BIOS etc. to get a clean opportunity to start over.

Reactions: snakey1989

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Updated, cheers mate.
Was all working until I stupidly asked for it to boot to BIOS thru UEFI instead of being patient and hitting delete.
Might try pulling the bios battery and let it reset the BIOS, only thing to lose is the clocking, correct?

Updated, cheers mate.
Reset CMOS...look in the motherbord manual. You can pull the battery but short the reset pins too.

You'll lose all custom settings, including the clocking. But the default settings will start the computer and leave it operating stable if everything's installed correctly and not damaged.

Reactions: snakey1989
Solution

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Right, so I've managed to get windows to boot now, but I still need to sort out by stability issue.
I still cannot find a way to make the BIOS show up via HDMI.
And the onboard graphics also do not seem to be functioning to utilise for BIOS settings.
How can I get BIOS menu to become visible as the displays remain inactive until windows log on screen loads.

Right, so I've managed to get windows to boot now, but I still need to sort out by stability issue.
I still cannot find a way to make the BIOS show up via HDMI.
And the onboard graphics also do not seem to be functioning to utilise for BIOS settings.
How can I get BIOS menu to become visible as the displays remain inactive until windows log on screen loads.
Ryzen CPU's like your 1800x do not have built-in graphics so the connectors on the motherboard do not function. You have to use the connectors on the GPU for your monitor.

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Yes, unplugged, and had BIOS battery out for about 5 min. Replaced with fresh battery.
Still showing the clock setting I put in, not game to actually keep trying to game on it but can't reset the clock. Very frustrating.
I guess I'll be taking it to the experts.

snakey1989

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Yeah, that's what I've discovered.
Got myself into a spot of bother.
I guess I will just leave it to the professionals.
Was just sick of having a 2033 ram clock (std) mostly, such a waste of 3000 ram.