I need help downgrading to Windows 7

Feb 6, 2019
I've been using windows 10 for 2 years now, and I've decided that Windows 7 was a better alternative. I just want the basic version of windows, but home premium would be good if it doesn't cost too much. I know I can download the files from the internet for windows 7, but you need a product key. I still have the sticker on my PC for the windows 10 product key, but I used it to activate the version I'm using now. I'm ok with losing all data stored currently, most of it is junk and it's all saved in my steam account. Can my Product code expire? Is it worthless after being used? where can I buy a product key for the basic version of Windows 7?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

You will lose important security updates for Windows 7 in less than a year (January 14, 2020) when Microsoft stops supporting Windows 7. If you are downloading Windows 7 from the Internet it's not coming from Microsoft and could be susceptible to altered or malicious code being inserted in to the files or disc image.

Your Windows 10 product key won't work with Windows 7. They only places you can buy a Windows 7 product key are not guaranteed and can't be trusted.

Windows 7 does not support Microsft's DirectX 12 API or their Ray Tracing technology. Some games such as Gears of War 4 are DirectX 12 only.

In short, Windows 7 is an inferior OS.

I would suggest something like this instead https://www.howtogeek.com/277448/how-to-make-windows-10-look-and-act-more-like-windows-7/