Question I need help figuring out if the ssd I'm buying is compatible with my laptop.

nishant1695

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
I bought an ASUS TUF FX505DY-BQ002T (Laptop) and I'm thinking of buying a WD green ssd (WDS240G2G0B) (SSD).
I was wondering if it is compatible with my laptop. Could someone help?

D

Deleted member 14196

i can't help you with peoples reviews. If I were you, I would go to Crucial.com and let that page scan your machine, it will tell you what memory and ssd work with your specific computer.

good luck.

Reactions: nishant1695

nishant1695

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017
Th
i can't help you with peoples reviews. If I were you, I would go to Crucial.com and let that page scan your machine, it will tell you what memory and ssd work with your specific computer.

good luck.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'd do that right now and get back to you if i face something else regarding this.

nishant1695

Prominent
Sep 14, 2017

good luck.
So i visited crucial.com and let it scan and it suggested me to get m.2 Nvme type of ssd instead of m.2 sata type. But laptop's specification page says sata type. Now i'm confused af.

Reca_ID

Reputable
Jul 20, 2016
FX505DY can support both Sata or NVME, but if you want the NVME, you must buy Gen3x2. Tuf Gaming laptop with Ryzen processor doesnt support Gen3x4. I suggested you buy WD SN500 or Kingston A1000.

USAFRet

Titan

Hard drive:
1TB 5400 rpm SSH
Hard drive:
1TB 5400 rpm SATA HDD
Solid state drive:
128GB/256GB/512GB PCIe® Gen3 SSD
-------------------------------------------

The WD Green you selected is a M.2 SATA drive.
It appears it WILL NOT work. You'd need a M.2 NVMe drive.
Or a 2.5" SATA drive, to replace the spinning HDD.

And in either case, do not buy a WD Green SSD. No matter how cheap.
It is a substandard performer.