Question I need help finding a cpu that works with my motherboard

officialryanrod

Prominent
Nov 3, 2018
I have a ASRock H110M-DS/Hyper Motherboard with a i5 7400 @ 3.00Hz CPU. I was wondering what will be a good upgrade that will be cheap or a decent price. I don't know much about CPU's. I need one that can handle me playing games and possibly stream. I can do that with my current CPU but I will be around 80%-100% Usage when a play games. I just don't think those are good numbers for me and I also play on low settings in game.

4745454b

Titan
Ebay or Amazon used. I'd probably get the 7600(K). The 7700K will probably not be worth your setup. The H100 is a rather basic board. Doesn't support OCing either so don't worry too much about getting the K chips. But a 7600 should work for you.

I just noticed you wrote 7400, and not 7100 like I first read. To be honest I'm not sure it's worth spending any money. I doubt you'll see any real performance increase going from the 7400 to the 7600. MAYBE the 7700 for the extra threads. I'm not sure if your games need them. At this point however you need a board change to handle anything bigger/better, and that will require new RAM as well.