[SOLVED] I need help finding a PC case for best airflow + Gaming X Trio 2080ti

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018
Hello guys,

Could you guys please recommend / enlighten me on a case for my pc setup.
I'm looking for a case with:

(1) Glass side panel (just 1 is enough)
(2) have really good mesh / airflow, especially in the front
(because the front is where I will be mounting my 280mm AIO with push/pull
configuration by 4 noctua NF A14 ippc3000 fans)
(3) can fit a MSI GAMING X TRIO 2080 ti (327mm or 12.9 inches in length) and also the push/pull cooler in the front.

My current case (NZXT H500) could fit the 2080ti gaming x trio and the cooler in the front, but only in push configuration. It was too short for push/pull.
Also, I have how NZXT only have a small line of vents on only one side (of the front panel) to allow air to be sucked in. This is wayyyyy too restricted for airflow and I hate it :(

[EDITED] On a side note, I'm also open to a case that could fit push/pull in the Top panel as well.
On the NZXT h500 this is impossible with motherboard and ram clearance.

My budget is under $150~$200. Living in the USA btw.
Thank you so much guys for your suggestion.

Solution
Is there a specific reason you want to mount the rad in the front? Most cases airflow will be the worst in the front due to the front panel. The Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG has an attic on the top of the case that is made for push/pull configurations. It will easily hold your 280mm rad with push pull. I have the case in my gaming rig and it is very nice.

I believe you can run push/pull from the front as I am sure there is room. But I have never tried it with mine, so I cant say for sure.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-TemperedGlass.html

Is there a specific reason you want to mount the rad in the front? Most cases airflow will be the worst in the front due to the front panel. The Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG has an attic on the top of the case that is made for push/pull configurations. It will easily hold your 280mm rad with push pull. I have the case in my gaming rig and it is very nice.

I believe you can run push/pull from the front as I am sure there is room. But I have never tried it with mine, so I cant say for sure.

http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Luxe-TemperedGlass.html

Solution

thtran6

Upstanding
Oct 2, 2018

Thanks feelinfroggy.
Yea I should have mentioned that I am definitely open to mounting my AIO on the top as well. No objection to that.
I'll update that in my original post.
But yea the Gaming x trio 2080 ti's length really poses a clearance problem for any AIO in mid tower case :(

Thanks feelinfroggy.
Yea I should have mentioned that I am definitely open to mounting my AIO on the top as well. No objection to that.
I'll update that in my original post.
But yea the Gaming x trio 2080 ti's length really poses a clearance problem for any AIO in mid tower case :(

The Enthoo Lux is Full Tower case. It is a big one (that's what she said).