I need help finding out which motherboard this is

owenrulez

Commendable
Jul 11, 2016
Right now I'm running a gtx 750 ti and a q6600 with 6gbs of ram. the Q6600 just isn't cutting it for most of the games I play and is creating a serious bottlekneck, so I need a new CPU.There's a guy trying to sell me this motherboard for $60. It comes with 8Gbs of ram (he's not sure which kind), an AMD CPU (also not sure which kind), and an IO shield. I'm really tempted to go for it, but I would like to find out what motherboard it is so I can narrow it down to exactly what I'm looking at and if its worth the money. any help would be appreciated.

[Edit] I fixed the link so the picture should work now

Solution
For $60? That's highway robbery. You'd be looking at Athlon64, Athlon FX, Athlon64 X2 cpus around mid 2 GHz area that were released about 12 years ago or more. The single largest incompatability will be with any gpu, mostly restricted to any of the older, pre-maxwell cards like nvidia 600,700 (not 750ti) and amd cards are worse as they changed power delivery systems at pcie 2.3, so you'll need Old amd cards such as the x1900 series or prior.

You'll spend a lot more than that $60 just trying to get any kind of performance from that system. Stear clear of it.

Chances are very good that the q6600 is actually better than what he's offering. Quite easy to OC that cpu to decent results depending on your mobo.

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
If you don't know what it is, don't buy it, no matter how good of a deal it may appear to be on a surface.

After all, technically speaking, I have a motherboard with some unknown RAM and an AMD CPU, but it's a K6-2+ CPU and the RAM is something in the ballpark of 100Mhz SDR, if my vague recollection is accurate. Late 90s/turn-of-the-century era stuff

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
For $60? That's highway robbery. You'd be looking at Athlon64, Athlon FX, Athlon64 X2 cpus around mid 2 GHz area that were released about 12 years ago or more. The single largest incompatability will be with any gpu, mostly restricted to any of the older, pre-maxwell cards like nvidia 600,700 (not 750ti) and amd cards are worse as they changed power delivery systems at pcie 2.3, so you'll need Old amd cards such as the x1900 series or prior.

You'll spend a lot more than that $60 just trying to get any kind of performance from that system. Stear clear of it.

Chances are very good that the q6600 is actually better than what he's offering. Quite easy to OC that cpu to decent results depending on your mobo.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS