[SOLVED] I need help finding the right heatsink for this cpu fan

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
It is just a fan, no real right heatsink for it. Standard Dell heatsinks are just a cheap downdraft cooler, with proprietary mounting generally. (Fan connector is proprietary as well) Far cheaper to buy a complete CPU heatsink/fan than anything else.

So, yes, what CPU are you planning to use?

Oct 16, 2020
Ok but at what can i use this fan?
Edit: an i have a weird heatsing but its not heatsink its just like a 2007 model for their case and its made from plastic

Honestly, that fan is so old that I'm pretty doubtful it has much of ANY usefulness anymore really.

Not sure what you are talking about, with a heatsink that is made of plastic. Never seen or heard of anything like that. I've never heard of a heatsink intended for use with a case either for that matter.

Remeca

Reputable
Honestly, that fan is so old that I'm pretty doubtful it has much of ANY usefulness anymore really.

Not sure what you are talking about, with a heatsink that is made of plastic. Never seen or heard of anything like that. I've never heard of a heatsink intended for use with a case either for that matter.
I have those fans in my Dells, he's probably talking about the plastic shrouds they sometimes put them in to direct air onto a CPU heatsink with no dedicated fan.
R.2a717865d8f83aaf92ca141d701171a8

+

R.e2054273221ab0665c094f98f09cb623

Not those specific parts, just that's the idea

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
With the 5-pin wiring on the one listed, you have to re-wire just to plug it into a standard motherboard. Just not worth it when you can buy a decent, quieter, fan for $10 or less.

I have some Dell parts laying around, not really sure why I keep them. Probably use the PSU for a 12V source at some point.

Oct 16, 2020
Its has 5pin conector with only 4 pins running the 5th one empty and oh i dont have the heatsink but I have the other parta ty for help this forum is good

That also makes it unlikely that it's for a heatsink anyhow, because almost all of those old Dell, Gateway, HP, Compaq and other prebuilt systems, and the majority of Intel stock heatsink fans, were mainly 92mm. I don't think I've ever seen one of those older OEM style HSF assemblies that had a 120mm heatsink fan, or if I have it must have been only one or two occasions because I don't recall it. In fact, many of them were only 80mm assemblies for that matter.

In any case, none of this, fan or heatsink, is even remotely useful for anything other than systems from that era anyhow especially since, as mentioned, it's very likely that all of it is proprietary and can't be used with other systems without a great deal of modification, if then.

Oct 16, 2020
Mine has 120 mm 3900rpm 140cfm
That also makes it unlikely that it's for a heatsink anyhow, because almost all of those old Dell, Gateway, HP, Compaq and other prebuilt systems, and the majority of Intel stock heatsink fans, were mainly 92mm. I don't think I've ever seen one of those older OEM style HSF assemblies that had a 120mm heatsink fan, or if I have it must have been only one or two occasions because I don't recall it. In fact, many of them were only 80mm assemblies for that matter.

In any case, none of this, fan or heatsink, is even remotely useful for anything other than systems from that era anyhow especially since, as mentioned, it's very likely that all of it is proprietary and can't be used with other systems without a great deal of modification, if then.

Remeca

Reputable
Solution