Question I need help getting new case fans :\

gokberk.onem

Reputable
Oct 16, 2017
Hello all,
I have a Phanteks P400A case, the one with the mesh front panel. I don't have an exhaust fan now and my whole journey started with my decision of getting an exhaust fan for my PC.
However, looking into some fans, I saw the two different types of fans, static pressure and high airflow. Now, I learned what they do and the difference between them but I don't know which type will work better for me.
First things to ask
  • Can I have two different fan types in one case, working together?
  • What type are my default front panel Phanteks fans?
  • If my front panel fans are static pressure, can my rear exhaust be high airflow?
  • I have my stock CPU cooler, the one for Ryzen 5 3600 but I am planning to get a new CPU cooler as well, should I take that into consideration, which CPU fan I will be getting, before buying an exhaust fan?
  • Is it ok to remove one fan from my front panel, the one at the bottom, and reconnect it as a top panel fan? Will it contribute to my PC cooling performance, or does not change anything, or make it worse?
  • AND which type of fan would you advise me to use?
Thanks all.

• Can I have two different fan types in one case, working together?
Yes. Not much difference between them. Static pressure are meant to be used with AIO radiators.
  • What type are my default front panel Phanteks fans?
Regular (not static pressure).
  • If my front panel fans are static pressure, can my rear exhaust be high airflow?
Not much difference. You can do that too.
  • Is it ok to remove one fan from my front panel, the one at the bottom, and reconnect it as a top panel fan? Will it contribute to my PC cooling performance, or does not change anything, or make it worse?
Probably worse.
  • AND which type of fan would you advise me to use?
Use static pressure fans only, if you have AIO radiators.

Reactions: gokberk.onem

gokberk.onem

Reputable
Oct 16, 2017
Yes. Not much difference between them. Static pressure are meant to be used with AIO radiators.

Regular (not static pressure).

Not much difference. You can do that too.

Probably worse.

Use static pressure fans only, if you have AIO radiators.
Woow, thanks a lot. And one question, what is an AIO radiator??

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS