Question I need help in decided whether to keep my old GPU alive or get a new one ?

Jun 1, 2023
Hello, I am the first-time poster here as I made my account 20 ish minutes ago. I have a MSI Twin Frozr 7 2060 super card for my system, other specs are Ryzen 3600 xt 64 gbs of G.skill ripjaw ram and Gaming plus msi board (forget the chipset name). Very long story short this is the second time this card has failed on me. First time I sent it off to get RMAd by msi and it lasted about 5 months before the same failure happened again. I then took it to micro center to get it tested and they said it was basically dead and to either replace the card or rebuild all the thermals. I don't like creating e-waste and I can't afford either solution at the time so I am seeing which one would be worth doing. Should I try to rma it again as whatever they did the first go around didn't work? Should I save to replace the card (thinking 3000 series to stay in the Nvidia family) or do I rebuild the card new paste and pads (never done it before)

Jun 1, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you're under warranty, you're spending precious time, I'd RMA it and let them have a look at it. You sure the PSU didn't knock the GPU out of your build?
Well, it depends on what you mean there I didn't consider it as I am rocking an evga 750 ga psu. When I took it micro center for testing they said it "thermally shut off"