[SOLVED] I need help installing windows 10 on my new ssd.

Sep 20, 2020
So today I got a 1tb ssd as a replacement for my Hard drive. I created a bootable USB. Plugged it in. And made it Number 1 in my priority. And exited. I got a screen that had a windows sign. And it flashed. And showed again. And restarted my pc. I have been having the same issue all day with a flashing windows sign. And nothing else. I tried all of my USB ports. I have re installed the media using Rufus and installed it again using the media creation tool. All lead to the same error. My bios is F22 gigabyte. My motherboard is the GX-AX370M-DS3H. I need help. A lot of help.

No. You NEED to use a flash drive. It CAN be installed from a regular external USB drive but there are a number of hoops and some special configuration issues you have to deal with. It is simply not worth the effort. Go get a cheap USB flash drive, create your installation media on that and be done with it. Any office supply store, Walmart, heck, even a lot of convenience stores these days, sell them.

It's not a BIOS issue, unless you are simply not using the one time boot bypass option to select the drive you want to install from. If you want to insist on installing from an external hard drive, then you're on your own with that.

Sep 20, 2020
No. You NEED to use a flash drive. It CAN be installed from a regular external USB drive but there are a number of hoops and some special configuration issues you have to deal with. It is simply not worth the effort. Go get a cheap USB flash drive, create your installation media on that and be done with it. Any office supply store, Walmart, heck, even a lot of convenience stores these days, sell them.

It's not a BIOS issue, unless you are simply not using the one time boot bypass option to select the drive you want to install from. If you want to insist on installing from an external hard drive, then you're on your own with that.
Oh ok will pick one up tomorrow. I have the specs of the one I was using before. I was using a Sandisk 16 GB usb

Sep 20, 2020

Like a thumb drive

Sep 20, 2020
Right. "Thumb drive", "Flash drive", "Pen drive". These are all the same thing. What ISN'T the same thing, is a regular hard drive or SSD in an external USB enclosure, whether it came that way or was put into an enclosure.

so i install in into a sandisk thumbdrive but instead keep shows this buffering on windows 10 .
could it be a ssd issue ?cause im using my specs here , is a new pc i just custom build

a video of what is happening
https://kapwi.ng/w/guVEY6ak

MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK AM4 ATX Motherboard (3yr wty)
+
ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 RGB AX4U360038G18A-DT50 16GB (2x8GB) 3600 C18 DDR4 (Product Lifetime wty)
+
Crucial P1 500GB PCIe Gen3 X4 NVMe M.2 2280 Internal SSD (CT500P1SSD8) (5yr wty)
+
AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 3.6 GHz 6-Core AM4 Processor
Zotac RTX 2060 AMP 6GB GDDR6 (ZT-T20600D-10M)