[SOLVED] I need help instslling my new NVMe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ramund

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
Hi! I got this nvme m.2 as a present today (SSD 1TB PCIe NVME M.2 NV1 from Kingston. Link: https://www.pcfactory.cl/producto/41850-kingston-unidad-ssd-1tb-pcie-nvme-m-2-nv1)

I have this motherboard: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/TUF-Gaming/TUF-X470-PLUS-GAMING/

It says it has an M. 2_1 from CPU and a M. 2_2 from PCH... Which one of those two should I use to install it?

Also... It is my first pcie ssd, is there anything I shouls know about? An option to turn on on BIOS, or anything?

Thanks! :)

Solution
Yes! :) I remember that! :D All other drives will be unplugged.
Yep, Disk 2 (the one with the windows logo is the current drive. The new one I will get tomorrow, that's why it is not in the picture.
I only need to give more space to the C one? Since my one drive will be much larger, I want to take advantage of that. Or should I also give a bit more space to the other ones?
Yes, just the C partition.

In the Macrium client, 'Cloned partition properties'.
That will allow you to adjust the resulting size of the space on the target.

If you do not do this, the C partition on the target drive will be, atmost, 111GB.
You do not want this.
You can expand that space to include the whole remaining space on the target drive.

Ramund

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015
And which drive is which?
Disk 2 is your current OS drive?
Which is the target drive?

For this clone operation, you want ONLY the source and target drives connected. All others, physical disconnection.

Yep, Disk 2 (the one with the windows logo is the current drive. The new one I will get tomorrow, that's why it is not in the picture.
I only need to give more space to the C one? Since my one drive will be much larger, I want to take advantage of that. Or should I also give a bit more space to the other ones?

USAFRet

Titan

If you do not do this, the C partition on the target drive will be, atmost, 111GB.
You do not want this.
You can expand that space to include the whole remaining space on the target drive.

Solution

Ramund

Honorable
Jun 4, 2015

You do not want this.

Great! So.. you do not recommend giving some extra space to the other partitions? :)