Question I need help locating an issue

Jun 17, 2019
Yesterday when I was installing another 8 gigs of ram and an ssd my pc reset itself in the bios and now i have no signal/display and the motherboard is showing a vga light. But when I unplug the pcie a prompt comes up and says “please shut down cpu and plug in pcie cable into graphics card” or something along those lines. My pc doesn’t post or beep when I start it up and I get no signal unless I unplug the pcie cable.

My specs are MSI z170-a pro mobo
8 gigs hyper x fury ddr4 ram
Intel i5 6500 3.2 ghz cpu
Evga gtx 1060 3gb gpu
Corsair cx450 watt psu
Seagate 2 tb hdd
Kingston 240g ssd

I’m thinking it might be my psu or gpu but I really need help figuring that out before I spend money i don’t have a lot to spend I’m supposed to be saving it

Jun 17, 2019
Okay so small update, I got a dvi cable and my computer works fine without my gpu but the vga light shows up when I try to boot it with the gpu installed, and I think the volts in my psu check out but I’m not really sure how to read them right.

It says in the bios system/5v 5.040
System/12v 12.288
So does this mean my gpu is dead?

If all you did was upgrade the memory, try undoing what you did to first see if the issue replicates:
  1. If it does replicate you know the issue wasn't the memory related.
  2. If the issue does not replicate, you know the issue is most likely the memory. If that's the case try re-seating the memory once more.
There has been times where i'll insert memory modules in the dimm slots and it feel's and sounds like it was installed properly, however the system does not post. A simple re-seating of the memory resolves the issue.

Jun 17, 2019
If all you did was upgrade the memory, try undoing what you did to first see if the issue replicates:
  1. If it does replicate you know the issue wasn't the memory related.
  2. If the issue does not replicate, you know the issue is most likely the memory. If that's the case try re-seating the memory once more.
There has been times where i'll insert memory modules in the dimm slots and it feel's and sounds like it was installed properly, however the system does not post. A simple re-seating of the memory resolves the issue.
I got my pc running with everything besides the gpu so it’s running 16 gigs of ram now. No matter what I do whenever I install my gpu the vga debug light comes up and I get no signal

I got my pc running with everything besides the gpu so it’s running 16 gigs of ram now. No matter what I do whenever I install my gpu the vga debug light comes up and I get no signal
If you followed my direction above, try reseating the graphics card. If that doesn't work get your hands on another graphics card or computer.
This way you can test the suspect graphics card in another computer and you can try another graphics card in your existing system.

Jun 17, 2019
If you followed my direction above, try reseating the graphics card. If that doesn't work get your hands on another graphics card or computer.
This way you can test the suspect graphics card in another computer and you can try another graphics card in your existing system.
Yeah ive reseated my ram and my gpu about a million times same result everytime so I’m gonna try to bring my gpu to a friend a house to see if it works in his system I guess