I need help! Massive Sudden FPS drops while playing CSGO

Sep 20, 2018
A few months ago I started developing a problem while playing CSGO. My computer normally runs 60-70fps. A times I get these massive drops in FPS from 60-70fps to 5-15fps and since then it has gotten worse to the point where my screen freezes for 6 seconds at a time. I update everything regularly, I have removed my unnecessary files, I have tried dozens of fps reduction tricks, but nothing has worked so far. My ping is perfectly fine at 20. It's getting worse and I need help!

Solution
Does this happen only with CSGO? Have you tried playing another game like (I hate to even suggest this game) Fortnite or similar? If you are having issues with any game, then it's probably your GFX Card. You can try taking it out and see if it needs to be dusted off. Dust mites and dirt can contribute a lot to GFX Cards not working properly.

You can also test and see if you experience the same issues. Try the Heaven Benchmark or something similar.

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Does this happen only with CSGO? Have you tried playing another game like (I hate to even suggest this game) Fortnite or similar? If you are having issues with any game, then it's probably your GFX Card. You can try taking it out and see if it needs to be dusted off. Dust mites and dirt can contribute a lot to GFX Cards not working properly.

You can also test and see if you experience the same issues. Try the Heaven Benchmark or something similar.

Solution