[SOLVED] I NEED HELP MOBO X470 not turning on

Feb 10, 2021
Hey there if anyone can help me I finished building my pc and every time I try to turn it on it keeps flashing the following CPU DRAM VGA BOOT and also the light above the ram but I looked it up in here and a lot of people seem to have the same light pop up but their PCs turn on, they only flashes for less than a second and turn off after, I have tried replacing the mother board with a new one and the psu I have even tried the ram too but same results I NEED HELPP!!

PC SPECS
CPU Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo x470 gaming plus max
PSU vs500
Ram XPG 16gb 3600
GPU 1650 Super oc asus tuf

Feb 10, 2021
Nothing , when I connect the psu cable to the wall and switch the psu from off to on the graphics card led light turns on but it’s not like a rgb it’s like a led to tell you that is getting power and that’s the only thing that stays the on

Feb 10, 2021
Is the CPU fan coming on at all? You didn't list the make/model of your HDD/SSD. Are you trying to boot from a Windows disk from your previous build? Are you trying to install windows on a new/existing drive?
I just build it last mont and it wasn’t turning on so I returned the motherboard an psu for the same ones just new and no fans are spinning not even the case I have an ssd (512gb) and it does not have windows on it I have it ready to download on a flash drive
Thanks for helping

Are your power connectors for the Mobo useing the correct cable and properly inesrted?
Are the Power all the small little fiddly wires like power, reset, audio connected?
Is the GPU seated prorperly. if vertical mounted uninstall and put it directly into the top PCie slot so no riser cable.
Is the CPU properly installed, no bent pins from previous installation, Thermal paste in the socket or something like that.
Did you have any issues with removing the CPU from the first Mobo?
What cooler are you using?

I know these are probably annoying questions but it is going to be a process of elimination. That it won't even go into the Bios means it is a somewhere along the line of power connection or hardware.

Feb 10, 2021
Are your power connectors for the Mobo useing the correct cable and properly inesrted?
Are the Power all the small little fiddly wires like power, reset, audio connected?
Is the GPU seated prorperly. if vertical mounted uninstall and put it directly into the top PCie slot so no riser cable.
Is the CPU properly installed, no bent pins from previous installation, Thermal paste in the socket or something like that.
Did you have any issues with removing the CPU from the first Mobo?
What cooler are you using?

I know these are probably annoying questions but it is going to be a process of elimination. That it won't even go into the Bios means it is a somewhere along the line of power connection or hardware.
Yes all of them no vertical gpu I didn’t see any bend bins from last time I’m using stock cooler everything is we’re is supposed to be

Is the power cable to the ssd firmly connected, is it a new ssd/hdd or from an older system? Put it in SATA 1 slot or if it is an M.2 try the other slot.... You have a 6 pin and 4 pin CPU socket, are the right cables connected? 24 pin Mobo firmly seated?

Did you try it from another in the wall socket?

Last edited: