Question I need help my pc won't post.

Jul 10, 2022
So today I bought all new pc parts:
Motherboard:H510M H rev 1.3
Cpu:I3-10105f
Ram: 2x 8gb teamgroup 2666mhz ddr4
PSU:ZM500-LX II
And I have a couple of gpus.

My problem is when I try to turn it on,the fans start spinning for like 6-10 seconds, then they stop for a moment and start spinning again and stop again etc.I don't have a led on the motherboard. I tried replugging cables, taking out the cmos for 20 minutes, reseating the cpu, tried different gpus, tried it without a gpu, different ssds and hhds and even with no storage. Tried switching the ram slots, tried one ram at a time with both slots and both ram sticks.Tried different outlets and different power cables. Tried turning on the pc with a screwdriver without a case.All this to no avail.What should I do?All the part except my gpus are new and even those gpus work in other pcs.
The weird thing is when I take out my cpu the fans wont stop, it won't restart.Of course it doesn't post that way, but I'm thinking it's a faulty cpu or motheboard.Sadly I can't test those components because those are the only cpu and mobo I have. Any thoughts? Can someome help me find the core of the problem?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

and what might they be?

How old is the PSU in your build?

All the part except my gpus are new and even those gpus work in other pcs
Brings me back to the make and models of the GPU's.

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins.

Motherboard:H510M H
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-H-rev-13#kf
Is this the board you're working with? If so, what PCB revision are you working with?

Jul 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

and what might they be?

How old is the PSU in your build?

All the part except my gpus are new and even those gpus work in other pcs
Brings me back to the make and models of the GPU's.

Inspect the CPU socket for any bent or broken pins.

Motherboard:H510M H
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/H510M-H-rev-13#kf
Is this the board you're working with? If so, what PCB revision are you working with?

rev 1.3

I have a gts 450, gtx 950 and a gt 430

I inspected it and I didn't see any broken pins.

Jul 10, 2022
Thanks for the help guys!
Anyways while my wife was looking at the pc, she found that there was some plastic debris in the cpu power connector. She cleaned it and now my pc works!Yay!