I need help please, multiple BSOD's

Jakel717

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014
Okay, so up until a week ago my computer was running completely fine, no issues at all. But over the last few days I have begun to receive a lot of different blue screens of deaths, and my system is crashing a fair bit. I was getting really annoyed so today I did a fresh install of windows 8.1 and I just finished installing all of the updates and crap but now it has happened again, but this time with different errors. The BSOD errorss that have come up that I can remember are;

- Attempted execute of no execute memory
- Clock watchdog timeout
- System service exception

I don't know what else I can do now to try and fix this, because if a fresh install of windows didn't help, it must be hardware related, am I right? Please help!

Yamitime

Reputable
Sep 4, 2014
Is your motherboard compatible with windows 8? Please give make and model.
The clockwatch bsod you have are cpu related (communications between threads and cores) .
The attempted execute............ is by memory (maybe driver related).
Leads me to believe that as you have just installed Windows 8 the chipset driver may be at fault.
Try to go to the motherboard maker website and get the driver from the site for the chipset . (inf.file).

Jakel717

Reputable
Oct 16, 2014

Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0

The thing is though, when I first built this (about 2 or 3 months ago) everything was completely fine, and I had the exact same version of windows installed..