I need help purchasing a pre built desktop.

Alrudek

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015
I am trying to start trading soon. I have $1500 gift card for best buy and I want to buy a desktop that I can setup 3 monitors with. Which desktop should I buy?? Thanks for your help.

I am not aware of single entry-level GPU (one you would expect in prebuilt desktop) capable of handling three monitors with identical connections, so you probably have to get a pre-built desktop and upgrade / swap the video cards, or use something like Matrox TrippleHead to split single DVI-DL signal over three DVI monitors.

But with the price of TripleHead around $300, you will be probably better getting a desktop with built-in graphics only, they slapping two mid-range GPUs. With $500 going to monitors, and another $400-500 toward GPUs, this leaves $500-600 for your desktop - quite good amount.

I will others to comment on actual build, GPUs are not my playing field ;)

Alrudek

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015

What about pre built gaming desktops? Would those have the capabilities to apply 3 monitors to them? Thanks for the help.

Alrudek

Reputable
Apr 11, 2015

The guideline is for a laptop only.

Anyone else can help??

Chayan4400

Honorable

Well, the fx6300 is a capable APU, and, should handle that GTX 970. That last link is the best balanced (ie as little bottlenecking by other components as possible), and that GTX 970 is the most important thing to consider, since it is probably the only card that will allow you to turn up the settings to high in games such as Crysis and Skyrim, which are very demanding Games. Lastly, it doesnt matter that you arent getting an i7. For games, the graphics card is much more important than the CPU, and while there will be some slight bottlenecks in some games, in most you will have smooth, high framerates on high or even very high with a triple monitor setup.

Keep me updated on how it goes, and send me a message if you have any problems!!