[SOLVED] I need help to match the CPU into the motherboard

Sep 19, 2020
So im what you would call a begginer in PC building. I know the basics, but i get confused pretty often, so my question is will a i7-10700-K CPU fit into a MSI Z170 Gaming M5 motherboard? I plan on upgrading it from my i7-8700 non k later on, so it also matters if the i7 8700 fits inside.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks for the reply, though im getting confused all the time and trying to find a good motherboard that can support about six fans and an i7-i9 of the 8th-9th generation, can you recommend any? It'll be even better if it supports up to 3666mhz, sorry if im being too tiring.
What are you actually wanting to do?
Build a new system?

Start here:

Sep 19, 2020
What are you actually wanting to do?
Build a new system?

Start here:
I want to move my pc into an another case. And i need a new motherboard which will match my existing components because the current motherboard i have, supports only 1 case fan, and the case i want to buy to get better airflow and looks has 3 fans already equipped in it, also yeah, i just want better airflow so again i need more fans.

USAFRet

Titan
I want to move my pc into an another case. And i need a new motherboard which will match my existing components because the current motherboard i have, supports only 1 case fan, and the case i want to buy to get better airflow and looks has 3 fans already equipped in it, also yeah, i just want better airflow so again i need more fans.
Right.
So, building a whole new system.

See the link above.