[SOLVED] I need help to upgrade my rig / gaming

David Miguel

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
Hi
Like i have said i do need some advice for some gaming rig improvements, at the moment i have :

MB= GIGABYTE Z97M-D3H
RAM= 16 GB 1600 x2 8gb
CPU=intel Core i5-4460 CPU 3.20ghz
GPU = Geforce GTX 1060 6gb
SSD = 320gb

I want to at the moment still keep my GPU For now, but the rest, i wanted to buy new parts, AMD ryzen 7 what do you guys think about that?
also witch MotherBoard to go with it and rams? Thank you

heres the website im buying parts at https://www.pcdiga.com/

My budget is around 400€, apreciat the help once again. thank you

Solution
thanks for your suggestion, but would you recomend this CPU: https://www.pcdiga.com/processador-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-octa-core-3-7ghz-c-turbo-4-35ghz-20mb-sktam4

Or the Ryzen 5 3600 ! (edit)

with that same MB and rams that you suggested?

You'll be fine with the 2700x on that board if you're happy spending the extra.

I'm dubious as to whether you'll see any benefit strictly for gaming but on a future proofing level the 2 cores 4 threads extra are there it has to be said.

Thats coming from someone with a ryzen 7 that barely actually makes use of more than 50% of the cpu.

The 3600?? Its a great cpu, the issue I have is that at the same price as the 2700x, unless you're doing 144htz+ gaming, it doesn't really have any...
you have a overclockable mobo which is great,so you should pair it with a overclockable cpu.The most powerful cpu your mobo can support is i7 4790k which is a beast.The 'problem' is that they dont make them anymore so that means you are going to have to buy them used on sites.In my country they retail between 150-200 euros.You could sell your 1060 + add that 200e left for a stronger gpu.
You could get around 150euros for that 1060 6gb,so at the end you are left with 350e.I suggest buying a 5700 XT for 400e.Also is that 320gb SSD the only storage drive in your pc?

Edit:I just saw that the cheapest 5700 XT in your shop is around 300 euros which is amazing

Reactions: David Miguel
you have a overclockable mobo which is great,so you should pair it with a overclockable cpu.The most powerful cpu your mobo can support is i7 4790k which is a beast.The 'problem' is that they dont make them anymore so that means you are going to have to buy them used on sites.In my country they retail between 150-200 euros.You could sell your 1060 + add that 200e left for a stronger gpu.
You could get around 150euros for that 1060 6gb,so at the end you are left with 350e.I suggest buying a 5700 XT for 400e.Also is that 320gb SSD the only storage drive in your pc?

Edit:I just saw that the cheapest 5700 XT in your shop is around 300 euros which is amazing

No point putting any more money into a Z97 system, second hand prices for 4th generation i7 are terrible.

Reactions: David Miguel

David Miguel

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014
On a value level the 2600x and a B450 board

I know the general concensus would be the 3600 but the fact is the 2600x is €40 less, has a better cooler and performance difference is fairly negligible really.

Save that €100 towards a better GPU in the future.

thanks for your suggestion, but would you recomend this CPU: https://www.pcdiga.com/processador-amd-ryzen-7-2700x-octa-core-3-7ghz-c-turbo-4-35ghz-20mb-sktam4

Last edited:

I'm dubious as to whether you'll see any benefit strictly for gaming but on a future proofing level the 2 cores 4 threads extra are there it has to be said.

Thats coming from someone with a ryzen 7 that barely actually makes use of more than 50% of the cpu.

The 3600?? Its a great cpu, the issue I have is that at the same price as the 2700x, unless you're doing 144htz+ gaming, it doesn't really have any perfoemance difference.
It also comes with the spire stealth cooler which isn't good enough so there's another €30-40 on aftermarket cooling.
Then a msi max board or a b550 which is extra money again.

The 2700x is a good choice,it's a beast of a cpu irregardless of it being last gen.
I don't ever see it struggling over the next 5 years in any scenario whatsoever.

Solution

David Miguel

Honorable
Oct 15, 2014

The 3600?? Its a great cpu, the issue I have is that at the same price as the 2700x, unless you're doing 144htz+ gaming, it doesn't really have any perfoemance difference.
It also comes with the spire stealth cooler which isn't good enough so there's another €30-40 on aftermarket cooling.
Then a msi max board or a b550 which is extra money again.

The 2700x is a good choice,it's a beast of a cpu irregardless of it being last gen.
I don't ever see it struggling over the next 5 years in any scenario whatsoever.

I apreciat the time and help you have given me, will mark as solved .
MB: B450M
CPU: RYZEN 7 2700X

GPU will see in future , for now what i have is enough .

Thanks Again for quick reply and knowlage shared !

TRENDING THREADS