Question I need help tuning and getting good temps on my new pc

beans116

Prominent
Aug 18, 2019
So I decided to use ryzen master to check temps on my CPU, I am currently having 35c on idle and I was wondering if that was good for an idle temperature, also does your power supply automatically got to the needed power that your pc needs?

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
35c is average as long as it doesn't exceed 50c on idle, you're ok -- Yes Power supply uses energy depending on the tasks you're doing, when it's under load, it uses more energy and on idle it would be between 8-12 watt i believe.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
It's getting to be with windows, there really isn't much of what we used to think of as idle. Generally that was a pc at rest, no user input or programs running and @ 5% or less cpu usage. But shortly after that state happens, windows starts doing background stuff and usage continuously bounces upto @ 50% usage. Up until the point where windows timers say it's time for the pc to go into sleep modes, at which point wattage used drops from @ 100ish or more, to well below that. But thats sleep, not idle.

35°C when the pc is doing nothing is about normal. Case temps generally run @ 6-12°C above ambient (your room), so the cpu will be slightly above that.