[SOLVED] I NEED HELP UPGRADING MY PC IDK WHAT TO UPGRADE

Jul 17, 2021
Intel Core i5 2500
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P67A-UD3-B3 (Socket 1155)
1TB HDD
120 SSD

Solution
Unfortunately with a system that age, you are better to start saving for a full system build/upgrade. There are tweaks you can do like if your board supports an i7 2600 you could probably pick up a used one, or maybe try to get a better graphics card, or get another ssd, like I have a 1tb ad just storage for games etc.

But the system you have is 10-11 years old. While it’s held on pretty well, you might want to consider starting to save so that you can rebuild at some point. I think next year there should be new sockets and ddr5 as well. If that’s the case then either you’ll be able to do a build with new stuff, or this year’s parts may be on clearance. Either one will be a good update for a pc from 10 years ago.
Jul 17, 2021
Do you have xmp enabled in the bios?
Is the ram in the proper slots for dual channel?......see the manual
Do a little house cleaning on your ssd free up some space.
It looks like your using system ram as a cache for the ssd turn that off it should be an option in the tool box.
okay let me do that other than that you think i should upgrade?

Unfortunately with a system that age, you are better to start saving for a full system build/upgrade. There are tweaks you can do like if your board supports an i7 2600 you could probably pick up a used one, or maybe try to get a better graphics card, or get another ssd, like I have a 1tb ad just storage for games etc.

But the system you have is 10-11 years old. While it’s held on pretty well, you might want to consider starting to save so that you can rebuild at some point. I think next year there should be new sockets and ddr5 as well. If that’s the case then either you’ll be able to do a build with new stuff, or this year’s parts may be on clearance. Either one will be a good update for a pc from 10 years ago.

Solution

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Intel Core i5 2500
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P67A-UD3-B3 (Socket 1155)
1TB HDD
120 SSD
Its not worth to upgrade it. You should buy a new system.
But, you can still play all games at 1080p high settings with 50 FPS if you wish to not upgrade the whole system.

You can buy a core i7 3770k and a GTX 1660ti. You can also get an RTX 2060.
Don't go for more powerful GPUs, unless you're gonna upgrade the whole system.

How much is the wattage of the PSU? What is the efficiency rating and name of the PSU?