I need help wiping out my entire hdd including os

I_am_the_noob_here

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015
Hey guys I need help with wiping out my entire hard drive including os because someone told me that I had a shutdown virus and I had to remove it and I tried removing it with tutorials but I cant seem to find it so I think the best thing to do is to just delete everything but I don't know how to do that help please?

Solution
if a pc does not shut down....video turns off but fans still run...can be a bios issue. asus has that bug. power off using the power supply off switch. pull wall power for a few min then clear the cmos. if it is a virus try using a virus rescue disk from one of the big anti virus comp or using there online free remover tools. if your running windows 10 go to another pc with an 8g usb stick. download windows media creation tool. then make a bootable windows 10 usb stick. boot from the usb stick and run disktools from command promt to wipe the hard drive.
Hi there I_am_the_noob_here,

There are some third party tools that can write zeros on your HDD. This is a process that fills in 0 value in each sector. This completely wipes the data. Make sure you back up what is important.

So, you just need to google for a zero writing tool for DOS mode. You will need a flash drive or a CD, so you can boot from it as well.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

if a pc does not shut down....video turns off but fans still run...can be a bios issue. asus has that bug. power off using the power supply off switch. pull wall power for a few min then clear the cmos. if it is a virus try using a virus rescue disk from one of the big anti virus comp or using there online free remover tools. if your running windows 10 go to another pc with an 8g usb stick. download windows media creation tool. then make a bootable windows 10 usb stick. boot from the usb stick and run disktools from command promt to wipe the hard drive.

Solution

I_am_the_noob_here

Reputable
Mar 22, 2015

I tried shutting down my pc and it turns out it was the bios issue so I will do the method that you told me to do so thanks alot man!