I need help with a new PC! (going to buy a new one)

drodack19

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Hey fellow computer builders, I am buying a new PC and would like to know if it is any good and will work. I will be using this PC for school work and will be creating a gaming youtube channel. Also a couple of questions. Do i need an m.2? and how would that cope with three different storage components? I am also having trouble if i need the all in one water cooling gtx 1080 or should i go with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - 8GB - EVGA FTW GAMING ACX 3.0 (VR-Ready)

(ps. i am using ibuypower)

Case: iBUYPOWER Element Gaming Case

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6850K Processor (6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3 Cache) (PowerDrive Level 2 - Up to 20% Overclocking)

Processor Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Memory: 32 GB [8 GB x4] DDR4-3200 Memory Module - GSKILL Ripjaws V

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 - 8GB - EVGA Hybrid (All-in-One Water Cool; VR Ready)

Motherboard: MSI X99A GAMING 7 -- 4x PCIe x16, 2x USB 3.1, 6x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0

Power Supply: In Win Classic Series C900W - 80 PLUS Platinum, Full Modular

Primary Hard Drive: 512 GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD -- Read: 550MB/s, Write: 520MB/s - Single Drive
Data Hard Drive: 2 TB WD Black Hard Drive -- 64M Cache, 7200rpm, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

(No Budget/ but has to be reasonable)
Thanks So Much!!

Solution
A Z170/6700k/GTX1080 combo should not any lag, paired with the right RAM. Still don't know how you have the budget, but I can get you the list. Then for building it, I would recommend searching youtube channels. There is this one newegg guy who is REALLY helpful. I recommend watching that "building gaming pc newegg" and you will find it.

If budget is truly no concern, you can use this parts list. I got you top parts. You can switch out the case if you want to. Everything is compatible and should work just fine. You will be able to enjoy 4K gaming, and a very fast computer.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU...
This seems a bit overpriced. You could honestly save your some money. And unless you plan on designing heavy content, that X99/6850 combo is overkill. I'd say this is about 2 or 3 grand. You are also going to need a monitor for 4K content (that is what you are aiming for right?) M.2 is faster than SSD because it is connected directly to the motherboard, and data does not have to trasmit through a cable. But I doubt you will truly notice the difference. But 1080s are usually the same.

If I can build you a list what things you want to do, are you willing to build it? What are you aiming to do besides school work, and youtube gaming videos? I would imagine 4K @ ultra settings. You will save so much by just building it.

i dont know how a student gets so much money but lets go dget down to business.
do you NEED m.2? no , but its usefull , its an universal slot in which you can insert a card for wifi, or bluetooth, or storage, or mobile internet or what not.
3 storage components? pull 1 cable from each hdd or ssd to your mobo, and 1 to your psu.
theres no difference in graphics cards (barely) , so get the cheapest one.

ibuypower is well known for scam , bad assembly and bad components ( in your case the case and the psu).

i would assemble it yourself ( this can litterly be 1000 dollars cheaper) or use orgin.

I guess doing other's essays really does pay off.

drodack19

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

Thank you for commenting on my thread! I was wondering if you could help me build a computer. I am new to building computers. I am kind of shooting for a little overkill I just don't want any lag or anything and really quick. I am going to try and make youtube my profession(gaming) but I am currently in school. If you could help me with the parts to choose that would be great(If ibuypower is known for bad builds I can switch to a different company).

drodack19

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

Thank You So much!! I was wondering though is it only the case that is bad from Ibuypower(i can use a different case) or is origin an overall better company? and also I can't assemble it myself(someone has invested in it and they don't want me breaking it and also i have never done it before)

A Z170/6700k/GTX1080 combo should not any lag, paired with the right RAM. Still don't know how you have the budget, but I can get you the list. Then for building it, I would recommend searching youtube channels. There is this one newegg guy who is REALLY helpful. I recommend watching that "building gaming pc newegg" and you will find it.

If budget is truly no concern, you can use this parts list. I got you top parts. You can switch out the case if you want to. Everything is compatible and should work just fine. You will be able to enjoy 4K gaming, and a very fast computer.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor ($328.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($96.99 @ Jet)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($147.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($93.99 @ Jet)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($93.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.78 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GAMING X 8G Video Card ($639.99 @ B&H)
Case: Corsair 750D ATX Full Tower Case ($126.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.88 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit ($129.77 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1783.24
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-12-27 10:08 EST-0500

Solution