Question I need help with BIOS Update

Sep 10, 2022
Hello everyone!
I have to update my BIOS, but I don't know where I can find the latest version of it.
My pc is a Packard Bell Imedia S3850. Motherboard: Acer h67h2-ad. BIOS version:
American Megatrends Inc. P01-A0 20/11/2010.
I've benn searching on the Internet, but I haven't found anything. Does someone know what's the latest version compatible with mine and how to install it please?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello everyone!
I have to update my BIOS, but I don't know where I can find the latest version of it.
My pc is a Packard Bell Imedia S3850. Motherboard: Acer h67h2-ad. BIOS version:
American Megatrends Inc. P01-A0 20/11/2010.
I've benn searching on the Internet, but I haven't found anything. Does someone know what's the latest version compatible with mine and how to install it please?
Why do you need to update the BIOS from this it don't support a 3XXX processor.

Reactions: Thunderstorm7
Sep 10, 2022
Why do you need to update the BIOS from this it don't support a 3XXX processor.
Because when I install the latest version of Windows 10 my computer runs into errors and needs to be restarted. I'm trying to fix this problem updating the bios. I'm not looking for a 3XXX, I have a Intel Core I7 2600.

Sep 10, 2022
Sep 10, 2022
What are the errors you're getting and why do you think a BIOS update will help.

Considering how old your machine is I doubt any BIOS update will help you.
It shows this: https://www.computerdatashred.co.uk...Ran-into-a-Problem-and-Needs-to-restart-1.png

The error comes out with Windows 10 20H1 or above.

I used to have a Intel Core I3 2100 installed and Windwos 10 worked fine. After updating the CPU to Intel Core I7 2600 my PC began running into that error when newest versions of Windows 10 are installed.

Sep 10, 2022
Your pc may not be capable of running an upgrade from the i3-2100 @65w to a i7-2600@95w.
Yes, the chipset and socket is compatible, but the motherboard may be lacking the power capability.
Ok, but why the older versions of Windows 10 run while the newer don't?
If the problem is due to lack of MB power capability, I won't fix it up with a new PSU, will I?
I found the list of CPU compatibles with my MB here: http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/specs-h67h2-ad/

I doubt that the psu is your issue.

Since your I7-2600 seems to work on the older windows 10, I doubt that the Bios update if available would fix anything.

Can you reinstall your i3-2100 and try the windows 10 update?

Would it be feasible to just do a clean install of whtever version of windows you want?

Reactions: Thunderstorm7
Sep 10, 2022
I doubt that the psu is your issue.

Since your I7-2600 seems to work on the older windows 10, I doubt that the Bios update if available would fix anything.

Can you reinstall your i3-2100 and try the windows 10 update?

Would it be feasible to just do a clean install of whtever version of windows you want?
I had installed the latest version of Windows 10 before I upgraded to I7. Although my PC worked slowly it didn't run into the error message.
I'll install the old CPU and I'll try again.