[SOLVED] I need help with buying a RAM

Willy894

Commendable
Oct 1, 2019
Hey guys I was building my new PC and everything was almost done all I needed was RAM so I bought it, but the ram I bought was only compatible with Intel 100 Series,Intel 200 Series,Intel 300 Series so I decided to return it and now I'm wondering which "ram compatibility" should I look for?

Specs: Ryzen 5 2600
B450 TOMAHAWK
Rx 590 8gb

Main thing with compatibility to look for is that it's capable of hitting the CPU's sweet spot for speed, which looks to be about 3000 or 3200 for that chip, as well as the latency, which, based on the mobo's recommended list, should ideally be at 15 or 16.

This article shows what the author thinks is best, but other articles may have other models.

This page shows which tested RAM sticks are best compatible with the motherboard, paired with a 2nd gen Ryzen. Other models may be compatible, but weren't specifically tested by MSI.

Based on these, I personally would go for the Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000. The price is great, and it has hundreds of great reviews too! Here is a list of user builds from PCPartPicker using that RAM with the Ryzen 5 2600, there's quite a few!

Of course many other RAM sticks will work just as well, don't feel obligated to go for that one.