[SOLVED] I need help with connecting to a vpn

Oct 10, 2019
So I cant connect to a vpn I belive it's something to do with the TAP-windows drivers. When im in Device manager there was once a TAP adpapter with an Yellow triangle now there is an Unknown device please help im open to all help!

Solution
Some vpn do not uninstall correctly especially the free or very cheap ones. The new vpn should be able to install and fix this but if it does not work for you it is hard to recommend a fix. There are so many variations of these vpn clients.

The machine I had this issue ended up with the brute force reinstall windows to fix it. This is why I always run vpn on my router. There is no client to install.
Some vpn do not uninstall correctly especially the free or very cheap ones. The new vpn should be able to install and fix this but if it does not work for you it is hard to recommend a fix. There are so many variations of these vpn clients.

The machine I had this issue ended up with the brute force reinstall windows to fix it. This is why I always run vpn on my router. There is no client to install.

Solution
Oct 10, 2019
Some other problem is that I cant change the DNS on my network. it says there is a problem saving the changes Im trying this since my isp has blocked some stuff

Where are you trying to save it. Is something overriding the ipv4 dns settings if you attempt to set a fixed value in your nic. There is a difference between not being able to set this field and setting the field but it not actually using that dns server. If you can't actually set the field I would suspect some malware or virus on your machine. If this was a corporate machine it can be restricted with group policy but I doubt that is your case.

Now if you can set it but a different DNS is being used then that can be VPN issue. VPN can force the DNS via the tunnel.