[SOLVED] i need help with cooler choice

Solution
DRP4 is as good as it gets for an air cooler.
About the equivalent of a 240mm aio cooler.

But, the X suffix ryzen processors are stronger because they are binned and really do not have much headroom for overclocking.
Do not expect mush more by overclocking.
But, who knows, you might get lucky.
Do make certain that your case has sufficient front intake capability to feed the cooler and other components with fresh air.
2 120/140mm intakes should do it.
PremiumBuilds.com classifies it as the best quiet cooler for Ryzen 9 3900X. With 7 heat transfer pipes and 2 fans, it should do a decent job. Just be careful with high profile ram (it's big).

However I would personally recommend going for a good AIO if you have the funds. 280mm minimum should help keep overclocked temps down no problem.

If not though, the Dark Rock Pro 4 is still a good option, and testing it out definitely wouldn't hurt, assuming the manufacturer / retailer has a decent RMA policy should it prove to not be enough for whatever overclock settings you intend to use

Feb 9, 2020
PremiumBuilds.com classifies it as the best quiet cooler for Ryzen 9 3900X. With 7 heat transfer pipes and 2 fans, it should do a decent job. Just be careful with high profile ram (it's big).

However I would personally recommend going for a good AIO if you have the funds. 280mm minimum should help keep overclocked temps down no problem.

If not though, the Dark Rock Pro 4 is still a good option, and testing it out definitely wouldn't hurt, assuming the manufacturer / retailer has a decent RMA policy should it prove to not be enough for whatever overclock settings you intend to use
in AIO side im thinking about cooler master masterliquid 280 pro

DRP4 is as good as it gets for an air cooler.
About the equivalent of a 240mm aio cooler.

But, the X suffix ryzen processors are stronger because they are binned and really do not have much headroom for overclocking.
Do not expect mush more by overclocking.
But, who knows, you might get lucky.
Do make certain that your case has sufficient front intake capability to feed the cooler and other components with fresh air.
2 120/140mm intakes should do it.

Reactions: pcgasm
Solution