Question I need help with figuring out RAM problem ?

Clariska

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2012
Hi guys. I have this weird problem with my system. My i7 blew and I got my Ryzen on park for upgrades.

System: CPU A8-3870K
Mobo: Asus F1A75-M LE
Ram : sk Hybix 8gb(it are a pair that i got together.)
GPU: RX470 sapphire platinum 4GB
PSU: 700w (can't remember brand.

Now the problem is. It detects 16gb on post but when you go to bios it only shows 8gb and when you log into windows it says 8gb in reserve. I tried every thing even set custom timings etc. The only logical thing I can think of is that it's ECC memory and it's dual rank.
I tried to play Forza Horizon 5 and it ran horribly. I got 15-20fps doesn't matter what settings I used. So I thought it's a bottle neck from my cpu but what got me thinking was that he did the same on high details where it use more gpu than cpu. My memory ran at 1600MHZ. I oc'd it to 1866mhz and and BooM 60fps on high. You can't tell me that a 266mhz on my memory gave me 40fps cause I am pretty good with hardware and that maths just doesn't make sense.

If anyone might know what the problem is or any fix I can try. (yes I did check msconfig and memory usage under advanced are disabled.

https://ibb.co/PCnzQ3G (for some reason THF doesn't let me upload images).

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
What BIOS version are you on at this moment?

I can think of is that it's ECC memory
Your motherboard doesn't support ECC ram, only non-ECC ram.

Ram : sk Hybix 8gb(it are a pair that i got together.)
Might want to pass on an image of the stickered side for both sticks of ram for us to see. Host the images on a site like Imgur or their ilk and then pass the link here for us to see. We don't host images off our site.

PSU: 700w(can't remember brand.
700W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit? If it's been in service for a while, please add the age to the PSU.

My I7 blew and I got my Ryzen on park for upgrades.
+
System: CPU A8-3870K

Did you just migrate the OS drive from your other i7/Ryzen platform and onto this APU?

TRENDING THREADS