I need help with gaming laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hukysuky

Reputable
Jul 5, 2015
I'd like to know what kind of laptop can play Ark Survival evolved, out of the list I'm giving, if any. I don't know squat about computers, or anything involving them. I've been searching the Internet for any answers myself but technology isn't my forte. I I'd mainly like to know if any of these laptops has 20gb dedicated to graphics.

hp 15-f023wm
hp 15-r030wm
Dell 15.6" Notebook w/windows 8.1
Hp 15-r317wm touch laptop
Acer Aspire E1-572 Series notebook
Hp 15-f024wm touch laptop

My limit is about $1,500, I've tried looking all this up on my phone but I didn't see anything useful.

1shado1

Distinguished

I'm no expert, but to the best of my knowledge, Most 'decent' laptop GPU's start at 2GB of dedicated VRAM and go up from there. I think only up to 8GB, though. I would think 3 or 4GB would be plenty for most folks that game. I've been told that having more VRAM than that is mainly for running hi-res/multiple monitors from the same laptop.

Also, and this is just personal preference, if I was looking for a gaming laptop, HP and Acer wouldn't normally be my first choice. I'd be looking at some of the stuff from ASUS, MSI, or Lenovo. Or even Sager (available from Xoticpc, for example).

I googled all of the laptops on your list, and of the ones that google did find, it appears they all range from about 3-$500, and none have dedicated graphics cards. I would spend at least $800, that way you have a little extra horsepower to run other games that come out in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.