Question I need help with issue with built computer

ShazzyQ

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
So I recently ran into a problem when building this computer... it was a prebuilt off Amazon for like 400$ yeh trash I know. It was a am3 socket. I upgraded the motherboard to a z370m ds3h from gigabyte and put a 1050 gpu and some ddr4 ram, left the same HDD, literally only changed the mobo and everything needed to be compatible, I didnt add any cables, I literally unplugged all the cables and plugged it into the other mobo. This is what happened, I need some help to fix this issue because I have no idea whats wrong with this

ShazzyQ

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
What psu model is that?

Correct me if im wrong, i don't see an cpu 12v power connected to the 8pin plug top right corner behind the io ports / top left from cpu fan.

What cpu do you have installed?
So the PSU was apart of the old prebuilt that I purchased, The CPU i put in there is an i3-8100.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
See here + 2nd step.

ShazzyQ

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
Wait there atr
So none of that was plugged in beforehand on the old board so it probably is the PSU, any decent budget recommendations?

Corsair CX450 2017 model, not the older CX450m

Wait actually there was a 4 pin connector that was on the old board so is it possible that a 4 pin can go into the slots you are talking about even if its like a 4 pin slotted into an 8 pin?

ShazzyQ

Commendable
Apr 8, 2019
Had a look at your motherboard manual, it doesn't say 4pin is optional. Given the assumed age and colour of the wires, i wouldn't attempt completing your pc until psu is replaced.
Yeh makes sense, looking at the parts being decently new then that PSU just seems like itd be odd one out . Thank you for the help and recommendations