i need help with my asus monitor

jbrog3

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Hey guys,
for some reason my monitor wont turn on.
Its an Asus VE276Q,
when i turn on the computer the monitor turns on and shows only the Asus logo then nothing. just a black screen. i can press every button with no success. when the asus logo goes away the monitors power button turns from blue to orange then no light. to my knowledge it is going into sleep mode.
i have no idea what is going on! my friend told me that i blew the monitors motherboard. but i dont think that is true because the Asus logo comes up for the first few seconds.
please all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, James.

Solution
Well since the problem is system agnostic (displays same symptoms on your computer and XBox) and you've tried multiple input methods, my guess is that the input signal processor is shot. Which means the display itself it working because you see the ASUS splash screen, but any signal data isn't displayed.

Does the OSD work? If it does just for shits and giggles see if you can manually switch the signal input. Maybe it's not detecting the signal and therefore not autoswitching to the correct input. Try this with HDMI and DVI. It could be just one signal path that's defective.
So assuming the computer you have it connected to is on, the monitor isn't detecting the video signal coming from your graphics card.

Can you give us some more system details. Particularly the graphics card.

Is the system booting? If you have a case speaker, does it beep once indicating that the system has successfully POST'ed?

How do you have it connected to your graphics card? HDMI, DVI, VGA? Have you tried another cable?

jbrog3

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
the system specs are:

cpu: 4790k
motherboard: z97 sabertooth mk1
ram: hyperX fury 1866 16gb
gpu: Gigabyte G1 gaming gtx970
psu: corsair RM850

the system works like a charm/beast with my other monitor just not with this one?
System is currently connected via HDMI. i have also tried DVI and displayport with no luck.
the system is booting and is working fine on other monitors.

I have also tried this monitor with xbox one, xbox 360 and other laptop via vga and hdmi with no luck.

Well since the problem is system agnostic (displays same symptoms on your computer and XBox) and you've tried multiple input methods, my guess is that the input signal processor is shot. Which means the display itself it working because you see the ASUS splash screen, but any signal data isn't displayed.

Does the OSD work? If it does just for shits and giggles see if you can manually switch the signal input. Maybe it's not detecting the signal and therefore not autoswitching to the correct input. Try this with HDMI and DVI. It could be just one signal path that's defective.

Solution

jbrog3

Reputable
Feb 11, 2015
Thanks for your help "Techgeek" but i think your right. input signal maybe SHOT.

Nope the OSD isnt working although i can delay the change from blue to orange power buttton with pressing source.
i have tried to blindly cycle through different source inputs with no luck.

I honestly think something is fried... the first time turning it on in 3 years resulted in a burning plastic (quite smelly) smell coming from the top vents on the monitor although no smoke.