[SOLVED] I need help with my controller

kazurengan

Reputable
Nov 26, 2018
i bought the cheapest controller i could find, it's a fake dualshock 3.
i wanted to play my game but i noticed some buttons were switched
if i press on Cross it will press Circle and vice versa, i wanted to change that
but i don't know how.
i thought it would work with scptoolkit, but it doesn't recognize it. also
i can't seem to find where i can't remap the buttons, and to make it worse
this controller doesn't come with a manual or with a brand name...
is there anything i can do?

Solution
Odd...too bad. some games such as FIFA, how to survive, viscera cleanup detail, GTA IV and more, have this issue when trying to play using incompatible controller. I would suggest buying an Xbox controller for the games that doesn't detect your Controller mapping correctly. You could always get the classic, Xbox 360 wired controller, even fake ones work. it only cost around 14$.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Use x360ce
bK8G3s5.png

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
i tried it but it doesn't change the controller buttons
i even tried to clear everything but buttons still work
yes i've put the files inside the game folder
You will have to manually change the buttons within the app by clicking on the Controller button and reassign it to something else. It will not work if your controller is not detected by the app -- it will give you error upon running the program. If that is the case, change to 64-bit or 32-bit. Also run the program as administrator

kazurengan

Reputable
Nov 26, 2018
You will have to manually change the buttons within the app by clicking on the Controller button and reassign it to something else. It will not work if your controller is not detected by the app -- it will give you error upon running the program. If that is the case, change to 64-bit or 32-bit. Also run the program as administrator

it is detected by the app but it's ignoring my button mapping
no matter what i do it will always have it's own mapping and ignore
the mapping i defined on the software. i also tried the 32-bit version
and didn't work.
on game controller it's called '2In1 usb joystick'

edit: i made it work for some buttons but cross and circle are always switched
i dont know why

Last edited:

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Odd...too bad. some games such as FIFA, how to survive, viscera cleanup detail, GTA IV and more, have this issue when trying to play using incompatible controller. I would suggest buying an Xbox controller for the games that doesn't detect your Controller mapping correctly. You could always get the classic, Xbox 360 wired controller, even fake ones work. it only cost around 14$.

Solution