[SOLVED] I need help with my newly installed broken windows

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Dear pc enthusiasts, I have problems with my pc since the last windows install i did. I needed to reinstall windows because ESET broke it and i couldn't do anything. So, a few days ago i reinstall it completely and it works, but i have new issues now.

One of them is my pc shutting down but still working than after a few minutes booting, but in that process i can do anything on the pc, i can legit play a game while that thing plays out.

The second issue that i have is an issue with 2 games i tried out, Bioshock Infinite in particular. When i open the game around 10 seconds pass and than boom its frozen, my whole system freezes and bugs out.

My specs:
MOTHERBOARD: B450 Tomahawk MAX
GPU: GTX 1660s Gigabyte 3 fans
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x8gb Patriot Viper Blackout 3600mhz
PSU: Be quiet! Straight Power 11 750w GOLD
HDD: Toshiba P300 2tb 7200rpm
SSD: Adata 256gb
CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 BE RGB
CASE: Cooler Master Masterbox MB600L

Win 10 PRO 64bit
version 2004, OS BUILD 19041.508
BIOS version 2.8

I get these errors and warnings in event viewer:

Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x2CF05D2785C3. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

thanks for any info!

Colif

Win 11 Master
most of the time you can ignore errors in event viewer. That first one is an error that only started with win 10 2004 - link

most win 10 PC have DCOM errors,

So you did a clean install of windows? did you have any of these freezing problems on previous install?

the esent errors appear tied into the windows.old folder. removing it seems to fix them.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
most of the time you can ignore errors in event viewer. That first one is an error that only started with win 10 2004 - link

most win 10 PC have DCOM errors,

So you did a clean install of windows? did you have any of these freezing problems on previous install?

the esent errors appear tied into the windows.old folder. removing it seems to fix them.
I didint have these problems before the reinstall, they are totally new.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you install all the drivers off the motherboard website for your PC? https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-driver&Win10 64

do you have latest bios?

One of them is my pc shutting down but still working than after a few minutes booting, but in that process i can do anything on the pc, i can legit play a game while that thing plays out.
how does that work if its in process of shutdown yet you can play a game?

might want to try another install since you so close to last one.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Did you install all the drivers off the motherboard website for your PC? https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-driver&Win10 64

do you have latest bios?

I actually didin't install all the drivers from the Mobo website.
And i dont think i have the latest bios.
As for another install i might do it, but im gonna install those drivers first, i think i installed amd chipset driver

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020

do you have latest bios?

Also that proces of shutting down and booting up doesnt affect software it seems, i litteralry played league of legends and the pc just sounds like it shut down and you can barely hear the cooler trying to cool,and after a few minutes, the sound of booting it poops the hdd clicks and the cooler ramps up, all while playing something or watching something.

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
I actually didin't install all the drivers from the Mobo website.
And i dont think i have the latest bios.
As for another install i might do it, but im gonna install those drivers first, i think i installed amd chipset driver
That is fine as Windows 10 already has drivers built in. No biggie to install chipset drivers, actually it is more of a waiste of time to tell you the truth. If you have a newer PC 7 years old and what not then you install Windows and all will be installed that needs to be installed. The chipset driver does nothing tbo my friend. 🤷‍♂️

Colif

Win 11 Master
win 10 only has access to the drivers if they been given to Microsoft for signing, it doesn't always have the latest drivers, Its why we suggest motherboard website for boards that still get driver updates. I looked at his website and saw some from 2020.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
I gotcha Colif my friend. You are correct on that note. I guess Windows installing drivers even if their old is for people that don't know much or how to use a PC ya know. 👽
win 10 only has access to the drivers if they been given to Microsoft for signing, it doesn't always have the latest drivers, Its why we suggest motherboard website for boards that still get driver updates. I looked at his website and saw some from 2020.
Hello guys, im here to update you, i still need help. I installed the mobo drivers, still nothing, so i decided to do a full reinstall again. And again, same thing happens. I will mention again, it only started happening when i reinstalled it the first time on october second. If any of you have another idea i could try i would be gratefull.

Thanks

Colif

Win 11 Master
which of the issues survived a reinstall?

the shutdown thing?

Games freezing?

If these are still ongoing, It could be win 10 2004 causing the problems since I would assume previous installs were of older versions of Win 10

or

its something physical as software errors don't normally occur in 2 consecutive installs. I don't know what would cause the shutdown thing, I have seen power settings in bios conflict with windows before and not let PC shutdown, but slowly?

try turning off fast startup in win 10, that might slow down shutdown - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Games freezing isn't really a software thing, it could be GPU or PSU. If you crash without a BSOD its not likely to be software. If all windows shows after is event 41 (63) it doesn't know why it restarted.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
which of the issues survived a reinstall?

the shutdown thing?

Games freezing?

If these are still ongoing, It could be win 10 2004 causing the problems since I would assume previous installs were of older versions of Win 10

or

its something physical as software errors don't normally occur in 2 consecutive installs. I don't know what would cause the shutdown thing, I have seen power settings in bios conflict with windows before and not let PC shutdown, but slowly?

try turning off fast startup in win 10, that might slow down shutdown - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

Games freezing isn't really a software thing, it could be GPU or PSU. If you crash without a BSOD its not likely to be software. If all windows shows after is event 41 (63) it doesn't know why it restarted.
Ok so, i took a few days to check the issues, the game crashing is no more, at least, for now. As for the shutting and booting up whilst using the pc, it went away for 2 days after i changed the power settings, setting the sleep to no sleep, and screen saver to no screen saver, but now it just happened again while listening music on youtube.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Ram can cause all sorts of random things, its worth testing it to make sure its not corrupting data
Module 0:
Empty
Module 1:
DDR4, 8192 MB, 64-bit, 3600 MHz
DIMM 1 P0 CHANNEL A Unknown 3600 C17 Series
Module 2:
Empty
Module 3:
DDR4, 8192 MB, 64-bit, 3600 MHz
DIMM 1 P0 CHANNEL B Unknown 3600 C17 Series

0.000: Detecting usable memory (16333 MB theoretical max)...
26.094: 15232 MB Test starting on 12 CPUs...
26.125: Allocating memory...
37.188: Memory locking failed (might be reserved by other apps/kernel)
44.032: Test finished with no errors detected

Colif

Win 11 Master
its always worth looking as I wasted time chasing BSOD that end up being ram.
Checking the boot drive might also help. try running the long test - https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/

The zip file didn't show me anything of use.

I don't think your bios version is 2.80
If I look in system info on your PC it shows Bios Version: American Megatrends 3.50 7-11-19
according to MSI website that is 7C02v35 as they are always odd with their numbering, the date on site is 2019-11-11 which is close enough.

Now there are 2 more bios since yours. I don't know if it will help but BSOD are one of the things a BIOS update can help with
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-bios
if you not sure how to update, there is a YouTube link at top of that page that shows you how.

2.80 is the number of your System Management BIOS version, which is something i didn't know about until now - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_BIOS

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
its always worth looking as I wasted time chasing BSOD that end up being ram.
Checking the boot drive might also help. try running the long test - https://www.adata.com/us/ss/software-6/

The zip file didn't show me anything of use.

I don't think your bios version is 2.80
If I look in system info on your PC it shows Bios Version: American Megatrends 3.50 7-11-19
according to MSI website that is 7C02v35 as they are always odd with their numbering, the date on site is 2019-11-11 which is close enough.

Now there are 2 more bios since yours. I don't know if it will help but BSOD are one of the things a BIOS update can help with
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK-MAX#down-bios
if you not sure how to update, there is a YouTube link at top of that page that shows you how.

2.80 is the number of your System Management BIOS version, which is something i didn't know about until now - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_BIOS
So, what do you suggest i should try? Maybe run the full scan of the ssd?

Again, i have to mention that during the shut down and boot up sessions i can totally use the pc, its really weird. Also, im sure that my cpu cooler will suffer even more from this issue. :/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Again, i have to mention that during the shut down and boot up sessions i can totally use the pc, its really weird.
I agree with you that its weird, and I am trying to figure out what would cause it.

I might get some other opinions

Yes, full scan ssd. Need to check hardware as i it feels like its a physical problem. Windows doesn't slowly close down. Could be some hardware thats not answering to the shutdown message and PC sits there in semi shutdown state waiting for it to time out. then it shutsdown.

I am assuming when you reinstalled completely you wiped the drive and started afresh?

Did you turn Fast startup off?

Last edited:
Reactions: wi5pa

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
I agree with you that its weird, and I am trying to figure out what would cause it.

Yes, full scan ssd. Need to check hardware as i it feels like its a physical problem. Windows doesn't slowly close down. Could be some hardware thats not answering to the shutdown message and PC sits there in semi shutdown state waiting for it to time out. then it shutsdown.

I am assuming when you reinstalled completely you wiped the drive and started afresh?

Yeah when i reinstalled i wiped the drive and reinstalled fresh, also i don't even know that Fast startup option exists, i will do a full ssd scan.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020

Should i try to turn Fast startup off?