[SOLVED] I need help with my newly installed broken windows

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Dear pc enthusiasts, I have problems with my pc since the last windows install i did. I needed to reinstall windows because ESET broke it and i couldn't do anything. So, a few days ago i reinstall it completely and it works, but i have new issues now.

One of them is my pc shutting down but still working than after a few minutes booting, but in that process i can do anything on the pc, i can legit play a game while that thing plays out.

The second issue that i have is an issue with 2 games i tried out, Bioshock Infinite in particular. When i open the game around 10 seconds pass and than boom its frozen, my whole system freezes and bugs out.

My specs:
MOTHERBOARD: B450 Tomahawk MAX
GPU: GTX 1660s Gigabyte 3 fans
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 2x8gb Patriot Viper Blackout 3600mhz
PSU: Be quiet! Straight Power 11 750w GOLD
HDD: Toshiba P300 2tb 7200rpm
SSD: Adata 256gb
CPU COOLER: Hyper 212 BE RGB
CASE: Cooler Master Masterbox MB600L

Win 10 PRO 64bit
version 2004, OS BUILD 19041.508
BIOS version 2.8

I get these errors and warnings in event viewer:

Failed with 0x57 retrieving AppModel Runtime status for package Windows.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x2CF05D2785C3. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
and APPID
Unavailable
to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

thanks for any info!

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
I agree with you that its weird, and I am trying to figure out what would cause it.

I might get some other opinions

Yes, full scan ssd. Need to check hardware as i it feels like its a physical problem. Windows doesn't slowly close down. Could be some hardware thats not answering to the shutdown message and PC sits there in semi shutdown state waiting for it to time out. then it shutsdown.

I am assuming when you reinstalled completely you wiped the drive and started afresh?

Did you turn Fast startup off?
Ok so, i ran the full ssd diagnostics scan, and all it said in the end was Full Diagnostics Scan completed successfully. Also, i have to mention that another issue appeared yesterday, the color saturation/gamma/brightness just suddenly changes and stays like that sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes for a full hour or more. Another note, in one of the shut down/boot up problems, the pc went to the so called shut down mode, and i opened league of legends and it instantly "booted up". Maybe this will help, i truly hope so.

EDIT: So i just noticed that every time i open league of legends my screen changes the contrast/brightness/gamma

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
I agree with you that its weird, and I am trying to figure out what would cause it.

I might get some other opinions

Yes, full scan ssd. Need to check hardware as i it feels like its a physical problem. Windows doesn't slowly close down. Could be some hardware thats not answering to the shutdown message and PC sits there in semi shutdown state waiting for it to time out. then it shutsdown.

I am assuming when you reinstalled completely you wiped the drive and started afresh?

Did you turn Fast startup off?
Ok so i let a few days pass, and it is still happening but only like once per day

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you update the bios as its about only thing i can think of that would cause the weird shutdown behaviour. You might need to get PC tested as it might be something random causing it. It survives a clean install so its not windows. Its hardware of some kind.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Did you update the bios as its about only thing i can think of that would cause the weird shutdown behaviour. You might need to get PC tested as it might be something random causing it. It survives a clean install so its not windows. Its hardware of some kind.
I will try to update bios than, also, hard disk sentinel displays this when i check the ssd tab:

30 errors occurred during data transfer.
At this point, warranty replacement of the disk is not yet possible, only if the health drops further.
In case of sudden system crash, reboot, blue-screen-of-death, inaccessible file(s)/folder(s), it is recommended to verify data and power cables, connections - and if possible try different cables to prevent further problems.
More information: https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_case_communication_error.php
It is recommended to examine the log of the disk regularly. All new problems found will be logged there.
The TRIM feature of the SSD is supported and enabled for optimal performance.

Also, for some reason it says that its health is at 80% even though its brand new..

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020

Colif

Win 11 Master
Most ssd tests just check the speed which wasn't what we were after, and I myself hadn't used the link I showed you so I can't offer any suggestions.

According to adata its operating temp range is 0 to 70c so you below the max. I found a few people with higher temps and being told its fine. My nvme running at 49c now and samsung software reports that as normal. I don't look very often.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
Most ssd tests just check the speed which wasn't what we were after, and I myself hadn't used the link I showed you so I can't offer any suggestions.

According to adata its operating temp range is 0 to 70c so you below the max. I found a few people with higher temps and being told its fine. My nvme running at 49c now and samsung software reports that as normal. I don't look very often.
Alright, so what's my last resort, a full hardware check? Should i wait a few days again and see how it behaves?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i realised after posting that I didn't really offer any steps.

BIOS updated? you said you would and in same post mentioned the hd sentinel error, so not sure if you have or not?

Diskcheckup seems pretty easy
top section shows drives on PC, you click on them to select one.
Middle section has tabs
Device Info shows details such as name, size, partitions, etc
SMART Info shows its SMART score - this is where you should look. If everything appears as OK, you should be fine
SMART History - blank for me as I only run program 1 time
Disk Self test - this is where you can test the drives scores are accurate. Short is possibly enough unless it reports errors. Then you run long.
Hidden areas - no idea. Ignore it

its clearly designed for hdd as ssd don't have tracks or cylinders.

If its still doing the weird shutdown thing, its not fixing itself so I would get it looked at and show them in shop what it does as they may not see it.

wukashin

Prominent
Aug 23, 2020
i realised after posting that I didn't really offer any steps.

BIOS updated? you said you would and in same post mentioned the hd sentinel error, so not sure if you have or not?

Diskcheckup seems pretty easy
top section shows drives on PC, you click on them to select one.
Middle section has tabs
Device Info shows details such as name, size, partitions, etc
SMART Info shows its SMART score - this is where you should look. If everything appears as OK, you should be fine
SMART History - blank for me as I only run program 1 time
Disk Self test - this is where you can test the drives scores are accurate. Short is possibly enough unless it reports errors. Then you run long.
Hidden areas - no idea. Ignore it

its clearly designed for hdd as ssd don't have tracks or cylinders.

If its still doing the weird shutdown thing, its not fixing itself so I would get it looked at and show them in shop what it does as they may not see it.
Ok so, i didn't update the bios yet. I worked with the pc for a few days, and i noticed that most of the time when im not doing things the "passive shut down" thing occurs as i call it, but it also occurs sometimes when i am doing things. I also noticed that most of the time, when it is in that shut down state, when i open a game or a program it "boots up", but not every time. That's all i could notice from testing it all these days.